willabec

Colitis And Pancreatic Insufficiency

Rate this topic

Anyone out there have celiac disease, colitis and pancreatic insufficiency at the same time?????? no formal diagnosis here other than me having celiac disease, but a somewhat recent stool sample says i have higher than normal fat content in stool as well as white blood cells. dr. was treating me for pancreatic insufficiency with creon, that helped a little but then it seemed to stop (have bouts of daily loose stools, sometimes frothy, film on the toilet water, upper stomach "burning", etc). when i did some research on line, it seems like colitis can have excess white blood cells in the stool as well. so, i am maybe assuming i have both (actually 3) issues going on....thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

Anyone out there have celiac disease, colitis and pancreatic insufficiency at the same time?????? no formal diagnosis here other than me having celiac disease, but a somewhat recent stool sample says i have higher than normal fat content in stool as well as white blood cells. dr. was treating me for pancreatic insufficiency with creon, that helped a little but then it seemed to stop (have bouts of daily loose stools, sometimes frothy, film on the toilet water, upper stomach "burning", etc). when i did some research on line, it seems like colitis can have excess white blood cells in the stool as well. so, i am maybe assuming i have both (actually 3) issues going on....thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

Yes, I think I do - the only part I am not sure on is the colitis, but it follows that if your pancreas is not working right it does put stress on the colon, so it makes sense that they are related.

How are you doing now? Have you found any relief?

This post from Celiac.com might be of interest: Do Adult Celiacs with Pancreatic Insufficiency Require Long-Term Enzyme Supplements?