misskatie

What Do All Of You Think?

Rate this topic

I'm fairly convinced at this point that I have celiacs. My symptoms include constipation for as long as I can remember, mental and physical fatigue, and gas, but are not limited to. Going on a gluten free diet has helped me feel sooo much.

I did have a blood test done about 2 and a half years ago, I had been gluten free prior to that and after 3-4 weeks of resuming a gluten diet my blood test came back negative, although I am convinced I do have it. Would any of you agree that 3-4 weeks of eating gluten could have give me a false negative?? Do my symptoms convince any of you that I have it?

Regardless of diagnosis I am going to stick to a gluten free diet, but I really want to know for piece of mind, and also the potential government reimbursement for gluten free foods associated with celiacs would be very appreciated as a poor student!!

You mention you were gluten free for a period before and then went back on gluten for the test. Going back on gluten should have given you all the info you needed at that point. After 2.5 weeks of being gluten free I ate a few tablespoons of wheat flour and had a horrible mass of symptoms come back to me for the next few days. I lost 5 pounds over the 24 hours following eating that gluten and had my waist size go up a notch because of the bloating. Everyone's sensitivity is different, but really you should have noticed something over 3-4 weeks of resuming gluten consumption.

3-4 weeks back on gluten is not enough, the least I have seen is 6 weeks....and everyone is different, and the abstract said 6 weeks to 72 weeks which translates into 6 years.

Thank you for your answers

Wheatchef- I never mentioned at all if any my symptoms resumed or not. Currently I have been getting some cross contamination and although my constipation isn't as severe, it is certainly still around along with gas, and I do know what its like to be more consistent.

Nora_n- Thank you for confirming that, and 72 weeks is a year and 20 weeks, or a year and 5 months. I think you were thinking 72 MONTHS is 6 years, or did you still just mean weeks and had a brain fart? Lol.

hi hi yes I have to go back and look what it said.