Saz36

Fed Up And Sick

Rate this topic

Hey, have successfully been gluten free for 6 weeks and soya and dairy for about 5 briefly felt great but then came sugar problems!!! Whenever i eat fruit or artificial sugars i get burning sensations in my stomach, lower back and legs and they're too tender to touch. It is really debilitating and frustrating, is there anyone here that has the same problem or intolerances. I am now 4 days into withdrawal and dont feel any better, i'm wondering how long it lasts for and i am running out of things to eat, at the moment i am constantly eating the same things and praying i am not going to develop problems with them. Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks

I don't know if this is your problem, but I found that I had to cut out processed foods to feel right. If you can't eat fruit already, that doesn't leave much else for you. Hope that isn't your problem. Some celiacs don't seem to be able to eat commercially prepared gluten free foods. Some of us are sensitive to smaller amounts of gluten than others. I do better in the summer when I can buy my produce directly from farmers locally.

First give up the artificial sweetener. That gives lots of people problems. If you still don't feel better, give up the fruits for a while. You could also have fructose intolerance. I've given up fruit for the time being. It's hard to get enough calories without it.

I don't know if this is your problem, but I found that I had to cut out processed foods to feel right. If you can't eat fruit already, that doesn't leave much else for you. Hope that isn't your problem. Some celiacs don't seem to be able to eat commercially prepared gluten free foods. Some of us are sensitive to smaller amounts of gluten than others. I do better in the summer when I can buy my produce directly from farmers locally.

I haven't touched any processed foods since the weekend when i discovered i had the problem, since then i have been living off brown rice, green veg, meat, eggs and brown rice cakes, This is all new to me, some off the other intolerances' sie effects wear off really quickly once you eliminate them but the sugar one sure likes to hang around unless its all part of the gluten healing process. My dietician wants me to eat the bread replacements but after what i have read on here i think it too soon although i would like a bit more variety.