Rate this topic

Hi friends and board members, Got very busy over past several months so I took a leave of absence from almost everything except my job....

My 88 yr old mother in law passed away in October (some of you knew the issues surrounding this for us and it was a sad event, but yet we knew she could not go on any longer as she was). In November I had to get involved in a potential lawsuit against my landlord and therefore, I moved and now I am still unpacking. I am exhausted from the move. My landlord, before I even had the attorney write a letter, realized he would lose the case, allowed me to break my lease and gave me very penny of my security deposit back just to stay out of court. We moved in January and grateful that the snow and ice stayed away until after our move. I have about a dozen boxes to unpack as yet but that's the easy part now.

I had a lot going on since October. It's finally settling down somewhat (although I have to have surgery on my fingers - the work for the move caused ganglion-type cysts on the first knuckles of several fingers - dr. tells me it's arthritis and the extra cleaning and packing probably was too much trauma on the joints). We now live near a very small grocery store which caterers to special diets only and they have a lot of gluten-free foods both mixes, ready made and frozen stuff. The store is called "Linda's Diet Delights" in Clark NJ. There were so many benefits to move here and I love my new apartment.

Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to chatting again soon.

DM

I've been wondering how you were doing. So glad you were able to get out of that apartment. Hopefully life will be a little less stressful for you, now. That grocery store sounds awesome!

Hiya Deb! Welcome Back. Hope things settle down quickly and sorry to hear about your MIL.

I have about a dozen boxes to unpack as yet ...

Ummmmm . . . :unsure: . . . me too, but I moved over 7 years ago . . . :P

Hi Deb! Glad things are returning to "normal". But, I'm never sure what normal is anymore. :blink:

Hi DM! I hope all goes well for you. The little store sounds like it might be a dream!