masterjen

Lost Almost 4 Lbs In 8 Hours Of . . .

Rate this topic

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 7 weeks, but wasn't feeling any better (I know it takes time but I'm impatient - what can I say?!) so I also went soy and lectin-free 2 weeks ago. My plan has been to slowly add in lectins then soy, and have now added milk and eggs (one at a time, with about 5 days in between). Today I decided to add rice, starting with gluten-free hot rice cereal. Wow, major diarrhea, and as the topic title says, I lost nearly 4 pounds in 8 hours (I've been drinking fluids, and when my stomach feels temporarily settled I eat a bit of pure baby-food fruit (about all I really feel like trying to get into me right now). The other thing I noticed is that the shampoo I've used twice in the past 4 days (but not today) contains wheat germ oil. Can my reaction be to the shampoo (even though I didn't wash my hair today)? Or, would it be due to the rice cereal (which I hope it isn't because I really miss my pre-celiac-diagnosis hot cereals like Cream of Wheat, Sunny Boy, etc., and oatmeal [which I'm not allowed to have just yet])? Opinions much appreciated!

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 6 weeks, but wasn't feeling any better (I know it takes time but I'm impatient - what can I say?!) so I also went soy and lectin-free 2 weeks ago. My plan has been to slowly add in lectins then soy, and have now added milk and eggs (one at a time, with about 5 days in between). Today I decided to add rice, starting with gluten-free hot rice cereal. Wow, major diarrhea, and as the topic title says, I lost nearly 4 pounds in 8 hours (I've been drinking fluids, and when my stomach feels temporarily settled I eat a bit of pure baby-food fruit (about all I really feel like trying to get into me right now). The other thing I noticed is that the shampoo I've used twice in the past 4 days (but not today) contains wheat germ oil. Can my reaction be to the shampoo (even though I didn't wash my hair today)? Or, would it be due to the rice cereal (which I hope it isn't because I really miss my pre-celiac-diagnosis hot cereals like Cream of Wheat, Sunny Boy, etc., and oatmeal [which I'm not allowed to have just yet])? Opinions much appreciated!

It's absolutely possible that the shampoo got you. Or that you can't handle rice. Or that you had a stomach bug. You've also only been gluten free for six weeks, not very long. I would also leave more time between new foods, maybe two weeks before adding a new one. Five days isn't long enough to be sure, for a lot of poeple.

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 6 weeks, but wasn't feeling any better (I know it takes time but I'm impatient - what can I say?!) so I also went soy and lectin-free 2 weeks ago. My plan has been to slowly add in lectins then soy, and have now added milk and eggs (one at a time, with about 5 days in between). Today I decided to add rice, starting with gluten-free hot rice cereal. Wow, major diarrhea, and as the topic title says, I lost nearly 4 pounds in 8 hours (I've been drinking fluids, and when my stomach feels temporarily settled I eat a bit of pure baby-food fruit (about all I really feel like trying to get into me right now). The other thing I noticed is that the shampoo I've used twice in the past 4 days (but not today) contains wheat germ oil. Can my reaction be to the shampoo (even though I didn't wash my hair today)? Or, would it be due to the rice cereal (which I hope it isn't because I really miss my pre-celiac-diagnosis hot cereals like Cream of Wheat, Sunny Boy, etc., and oatmeal [which I'm not allowed to have just yet])? Opinions much appreciated!

It could be the shampoo that got you. Was the rice cereal make in a gluten free facility? It could have been CC'd if it wasn't. As mentioned it is also early on in the diet for you and healing does take some time.

For a nice hot cereal if you liked Cream of Wheat try Cream of Buckwheat. It is very close to cream of wheat in taste and texture. Pocono brand is for sure gluten free. Only buckwheat is processed in the plant and it is grown in dedicated fields.