cyberprof

Romio's In Redmond Wa

Rate this topic

I have been wanting to try the Romio's at 85th and Greenwood in Seattle, but hadn't got there yet. I received a flyer from Romio's in Redmond and was about to toss it when I spied the words "Gluten-Free Menu Options."

My son got us two pizzas yesterday, one with dairy free cheese for him. They were great. Even my hubby (who is not gluten-free but should be) had a slice of mine and then stole one more.

The only downside is that it's not a sit-down type place, which is what I was looking for: Occasionally, it'd be nice to meet another family for pizza like we used to be able to do.

Do you know what the dairy free cheese is made of? Soy most likely. I am having trouble finding dairy free cheese in this area that is soy free. My two sources here (Central Market and Tru Health) no longer carry it. I should try PCC but I don't get to that part of Edmonds very often.

If you ever get out to Mill Creek, Boston's has gluten-free pizza. I can't eat it because there is egg in the crust. And they only have one size. But daughter liked it. And it's a sit down place.

One of these days we will try Garlic Jims. Alas, none of the ones around here have a sit down place either.

Last week we bought an Amy's pizza. I added a lot of extra cheese and some pizza seasoning. It was pretty good. As it comes out of the box, blech. I know some people have issues with that brand but it seems to work for us. We just try to limit dairy to twice a week because we've outgrown the allergy and don't want it to come back.

Hmmm...yeah I think all the dairy-free cheeses that I've seen have soy. Luckily son isn't soy intolerant (although I don't let him have any soy besides that in fake cheese and the small amounts in chocolate etc., due to soy's possible impact on male reproductive hormones).

Hmmm...yeah I think all the dairy-free cheeses that I've seen have soy. Luckily son isn't soy intolerant (although I don't let him have any soy besides that in fake cheese and the small amounts in chocolate etc., due to soy's possible impact on male reproductive hormones).

Galaxy Foods makes a vegan rice cheese. They have some other rice cheeses that for some odd reason do contain dairy. There is also almond cheese. It's actually good, but I'm allergic.

I'm not allergic to soy. It just messes with my thyroid.

There's another one in... Bellevue I believe? And Kirkland. Both of them are sit down I think. They have gluten free too. The Bellueve one (I'm pretty sure it was Bellevue...) was where I went to, and we ate in.

The crust is FANTASTIC. I absolutely LOVE their pizza... it's amazingggg. Never had any problems from their gluten-free pizza.