AlysounRI

Can I Still Be Glutened ...

Rate this topic

Hi All:

I went through testing and was not diagnosed celiac.

I have been off the poison for about 3 weeks now.

Yesterday I had some IBS flare-ups and felt like crap.

Today I am dizzy and achy all over (esp. in my arms and legs) and I am slightly nauseous and just plain exhausted!!

If you don't have the proper diagnosis of celiac, can you still be glutened?

Because this sure feels like I have been - even though I can't think of what I ate to make me feel like this!!

Thanks for your comments,

~Allison

YOu can be if you have a gluten allergy! I am not celiac, just Gluten-intollerant and I got Glutened yesterday. It is certainly possible!

YOu can be if you have a gluten allergy! I am not celiac, just Gluten-intollerant and I got Glutened yesterday. It is certainly possible!

Sorry you feel crappy too!!

This just sucks.

I'm fighting to get any work done today.

I'm so foggy and slow.

My arms feel like lead.

I hope YOU feel better soon!!

~Allison

Just because your tests come back negative does not mean you do not have celiac disease. Celiac disease, gluten intolerant, wheat allergy, the best test is to eat some gluten. Get sick? Consider it the best positive results for the test.

Remember to try this several times. Cross check what other ingredients were in what you ate. You could have problems with soy, dairy, corn or another food items.

You sound like you already can tell that you are testing positive. This is something you know in your heart and soul by the sounds of what you wrote. Consider yourself smarter than most doctors.

Think of it this way. Some people take a pregnancy test that says negative but they really are pregnant. Not everyone has "within normal" limits on their tests.

Sorry you feel crappy too!!

This just sucks.

I'm fighting to get any work done today.

I'm so foggy and slow.

My arms feel like lead.

I hope YOU feel better soon!!

~Allison

LOL THanks for the love, I feel WAY better today. Husband called it a "Drive By Flouring" because it was a relatively mild reaction.

Just because your tests come back negative does not mean you do not have celiac disease. Celiac disease, gluten intolerant, wheat allergy, the best test is to eat some gluten. Get sick? Consider it the best positive results for the test.

Remember to try this several times. Cross check what other ingredients were in what you ate. You could have problems with soy, dairy, corn or another food items.

I already know that I have problems with dairy and I've avoided it as much as possible for most of my life. The only dairy I can really manage is yoghurt and some hard cheeses like parmesan and romano and the occasional piece of swiss cheese. Other than that I tend to stay away from it. I just can't think of what I had on Monday night (other than a nice spinach salad with tomatoes, an avocado, and some sunflower seeds. The Boathouse Farms dressing never hurt me before.

Yesterday I had some sausage, it was good sausage but my stomach might not have been ready for it. And I did read the label. Unless it had MSG in it (and it had another name) it seemed safe, you know!! MSG makes me ill too. I think that MSG makes most people ill.

You sound like you already can tell that you are testing positive. This is something you know in your heart and soul by the sounds of what you wrote. Consider yourself smarter than most doctors.

Think of it this way. Some people take a pregnancy test that says negative but they really are pregnant. Not everyone has "within normal" limits on their tests.

Thanks, Ahorsesoul, I already know that I am smarter than most docs. If I am not celiac, I know that I have a major problem with gluten and it's why I am not willing to go back on it to "fight" the test results. But I was feeling sooooo good, esp. this past week.

Things like this are bound to happen, so I hope that they don't happen to often.

Thanks for your comment. I am being super careful with stuff and it works, for the most part, until it doesn't work. And when it doesn't I guess I have to expect it to be an incrementally harsh reaction from now on.

I'm here at work and I will carry on as best I am able to. And then I will call tonight an early night and hope it passes tomorrow. It will pass, I know that.

Thanks guys, for your help,

~Allison

Husband called it a "Drive By Flouring" because it was a relatively mild reaction.

God, I love that, A "Drive By Flouring".

Brilliant.

Hubby is very clever :)

~Allison

God, I love that, A "Drive By Flouring".

Brilliant.

Hubby is very clever :)

~Allison

Reminds me--I was thinking how much stronger and more resiliant we actually are against colds and flue and have a tendency to look younger etc. if we stay off the gluten--so we really are in many ways much stronger than most folks. But all it takes to get us is if someone throws glutenous flour at us!! Unfortunately it is much more prevalent than superman's Kryptonite!! One could make a Broadway play about it, it could be both funny and dark at the same time...

One has to be a sleuth and develop awareness and strategies to avoid CC...and then other ones to more quickly overcome it...

Bea