Lycopene

Possible Soy Problems Now?

Rate this topic

So I was diagnosed with Celiac disease about a year ago. I was stupid for the year and just about 6 months ago actually started staying gluten-free with no cheating.

But over the past couple days I've been glutened, but I also have been drinking a lot of soy milk. I absolutely LOVE soy. However it seems, that my stomach has been hurting in a way that isn't connected with gluten. Getting sharp pains and I have no idea why. with gluten I throw up, have gas, insane weakness and my brain gets fuzzy. I don't get many sharp pains like this in my stomach though.

Could that have something to do with soy? What happens to you guys when you take soy?

Uuuughhhh. I really hope I don't have a soy problem too...

I don't think you can judge your reactions to soy by how everyone else reacts, because we all react in our own different ways. Soy makes me itch, or alternatively it sends my heart into crazy electrical activity. But then I react differently than most people do to everything :P If you wanted to know, try eliminating the soy and substituting almond or hemp milk or rice milk (not Rice Dream), and if you are using a soy spread try Earth Balance Soy Free. The only way to know for you is to eliminate it and see what happens, then add it back in and see what happens again.

I love almond milk. I don't like rice milk as much... ahhh. Soy milk was my saving grace. I like coconut milk, but soy is soooo good. Haha.

I guess I will try it to remove it. Thank you.