GFLindsey

Probiotics - Share Your Experience!

Rate this topic

My doctor gave me some samples of Align to try after I asked him if I should use a probiotic. I have about 4 weeks worth of samples. He also gave me several weeks worth of Cuturelle and VSL#3 samples. I am eager to try them out. Took my second Align today!

Does anyone take Align? Does anyone suggest another probiotic? Does anyone have arguments against probiotics?

My doctor gave me some samples of Align to try after I asked him if I should use a probiotic. I have about 4 weeks worth of samples. He also gave me several weeks worth of Cuturelle and VSL#3 samples. I am eager to try them out. Took my second Align today!

Does anyone take Align? Does anyone suggest another probiotic? Does anyone have arguments against probiotics?

I haven't taken your brands you mention. But I do take probiotics from Kirkman Labs. They have gluten-free and allergen-free products and I started out with "leaky gut" and needed to heal that. Once I found an allergen-free product, it helped greatly. I still take one/daily and sometimes a 2nd one if I feel I've been contaminated in any way with one or more of my many intolerances. It does help me alot!

I've tried many including align with no results. Digestive Advantage, PB8 or PB10, pearls , Dr. O'hirra's twelve professional are the ones that has helped me.....

I understand that ou should switch probiotics once in awhile......

blessings

Kefir is a wonderful and natural source of pro-biotic. It is a cultured milk product and very easy to make and use.

Most who are lactose intolerant can handle kefir because it is cultured. Google it.

Anytime you can ingest nutrients in their natural form, you will gain the most benefit.

Edited to add: the difference between yogurt and kefir is that the good beasties in yogurt are transient, meaning they only help as they pass thur. The good beasties in kefir on the other hand, colonize in the gut and fight off pathogens full time :)

I have to take a probiotic for a couple months if I'm treated with antibiotics. Otherwise I have candida problems and feel generally crummy. I use a gluten-free one called FermPlus made by NuFerm.

I am taking Align right now but they don't seem to be helping. I took iFlora for a couple years and had great luck with them for a while, but they were no longer helping. My doctor said to not stick with the same probiotic as the body gets used to them. I'm going to keep switching whenver I finish a bottle until I find one that works for me.

I may give iFlora a try again after being off that brand for a couple months.