prisskitty

Not Sure What To Do.

Rate this topic

A few things that have made me think I have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity are this:

- Consistently feeling ill to my stomach when I don

Also, I am coming off of the gluten free diet for the next 40 days so I can get tested via blood.

I am beginning to think I may just have sensitivity to tomatoes, peppers, and some spices as even gluten-free dieting hasn't had any improvement on bloating and sore-stomach.

I do have a hietal hernia.

Nightshade intolerance is quite commonly found in conjunction with celiac disease and/or gluten intolerance. It is possible you are dealing with both. And you are correct, they would not see evidence of celiac disease unless they actually went through the small intestine and sampled the biopsies there.

Nightshade intolerance is quite commonly found in conjunction with celiac disease and/or gluten intolerance. It is possible you are dealing with both. And you are correct, they would not see evidence of celiac disease unless they actually went through the small intestine and sampled the biopsies there.

That's quite heartbreaking to know that there is a such thing as Nightshade intolerance.

So, what do you eat if you can't eat tomatoes, potatoes, peppers? Those make wonderful gluten-free meals I suppose. I had no idea potatoes were in that family. Thanks for that info.

If you can be completely sure of being gluten-free for an extended amount of time (no eating of any processed foods unless you've contacted the manufacturer ahead of time and made sure there are no gluten products in the food and that it is also not processed on any equipment shared with gluten containing products/flavors, no medicines or vitamins without doing the same with those manufacturers, as well as no use of plastic equipment in your kitchen that has come into contact with gluten products in the past) then going on a gluten binge at the end of your gluten-free trial you would most likely experience symptoms. This can be very useful for determining a gluten intolerance.

I would modify this to say that other intolerances are commonly associated with celiac disease. You may very well have a nightshade intolerance, but consider everything you're eating before making any assumptions.

Nightshades make up the bulk of my diet, but even a little soy protein takes me out.....

That's quite heartbreaking to know that there is a such thing as Nightshade intolerance.

So, what do you eat if you can't eat tomatoes, potatoes, peppers? Those make wonderful gluten-free meals I suppose. I had no idea potatoes were in that family. Thanks for that info.

Sweet potatoes are good. Also, there are five families of nightshades. Most (anecdotally) people seem to only react to one or at most two of the families. I have in the last year experienced enough healing that I can tolerates tomatoes now to some degrees, and potatoes (if I ate starch which I rarely do). Peppers (jalapeno, chile, etc), paprika, and anything with capsaicin in it are still a big no-no for me.

Many food intolerance issues can heal up given sufficient time away from the food. However many will not. And the time off varies greatly from one individual to another.

And Jestgar is right. I should have pointed that out that many intolerances are common. I'm also highly intolerant of soy. The smallest amount triggers neurological and central nervous system problems for me.

I would seriously consider doing a strict elimination diet.

I actually did do a strict elimination diet for 3 weeks. I accidentally ate gluten once! I put it in my mouth one bite then realized it had beer in it as flavoring. After that I didn't eat anything I didn't buy.

Immediately, about thirty minutes later, my stomach was killing me. I went back on the gluten last night and we ate at a Mexican resteraunt. I avoided any tomatoes including the pico but now my stomach is killing me again. Never been that uncomfortable after eating food. I also got an intense headache. The same thing happened when I did my first trial. I was off of gluten for a week then went to eat a pizza because I said I wasn't going to be gluten-free until I got tested and I felt horrible. It is scaring me away from the gluten foods and I am not even 100% sure I have it.

But, when I was gluten-free, I was soooo hungry all the time. If I can find satisfying meals gluten-free I will just stick with it. My current healthcare provider doesn't know how to properly send out for a blood test so come end of July I will order the Canadian blood test, go back on gluten, and see if I have any genetic markers/antibodies.

My family history is:

IBS

Diabetes II

Edema

Ulcers

Hernias

Depression

Bipolar

Anemia

Cardiac Problems

Stomach Problems that I can't even begin to list.

My mom only has type II diabetes. I never hear her complain about her stomach hurting but she does blame her 'bowel' problems on diabetes medication which I think she needs to go gluten-free (it is a good diet for people who have type II diabetes if you ask me.)

(Sorry for the book, I am a blogger xD)