Rate this topic

I've been gluten-free/CF for about five months. I've felt really great with the exception of when I've accidently glutened myself. However, the last two weeks I've noticed that the fatigue is starting to creep back. This is different then the extreme exhaustion I felt before. I'm wondering if I'm anemic or if my B12 is low. Has anyone had a similar experience after being gluten-free for awhile???

I've been gluten-free/CF for about five months. I've felt really great with the exception of when I've accidently glutened myself. However, the last two weeks I've noticed that the fatigue is starting to creep back. This is different then the extreme exhaustion I felt before. I'm wondering if I'm anemic or if my B12 is low. Has anyone had a similar experience after being gluten-free for awhile???

Yes I have, and at about the same time. I was just really low, lethargic, depressed, not functioning well. But I also hadn't had my nutrient levels checked. I was low in D, B12, and folate. Once I got on a good supplementation program I perked right up. :) By all means get your levels checked, and include thyroid function too, as well as ferritin.

This is interesting, I've been gluten-free for 3 months and have had fatigue, but doctor thought it was depression. I am also nursing a baby and really about taking vitamins.

You just had your vitamin levels checked??

You just had your vitamin levels checked??

I had micronutrient analysis done, which found I was low on Vitamin B12. Besides the B Complex Vitamins, Serine, Glutamine, Asparagine, Choline, Inositol, Carnitine, Oleic Acid, Vitamin A, C, D, E, K2, Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium, Glutathione, Cysteine, Coenzyme Q-10, Selenium, Alpha Lipoic Acid were checked. It didn't check iron but I know that is fine from my last CBC.

Looking at my test results, I should also try to raise my Vitamin B2, B3, Folate, Calcium and Zinc levels as they are low normal.

Any doctor should be able to order this for you.

That happened to me after being g.f. for about 5 1/2 weeks. At 2 weeks, I went through the extreme fatigue "detox" thing. I was sure it was iron or something, so I had it checked and if it were any higher, it would have been too high! Ferritin was fine too, and I already take massive amounts of D and sublingual B-12. After about a week the fatigue went away and I felt much better, but about a week and a half ago it came back, although not as bad. And this week, my old "friend", Chronic Insomnia, returned to visit. But the fatigue had set in before then. But the insomnia was another thing that had vastly improved after going g.f.

However, I'm thinking that the fatigue must be improving again, because even after a night from hell with only about 4 hours sleep, I've had more energy the last few days and have functioned better than when the original super-fatigue hit shortly after going g.f., and I was sleeping like a baby every night.

Go figure. :rolleyes: