fran641

Later Dairy Reaction

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free since Dec. 08. After about 3 months I could eat dairy again without any problems. Lately I noticed I began having stomach aches after eating and couldn't pin point exactly what was causing the pain. Just yesterday it hit me that it was almost immediately after eating dairy. Has dairy remained a problem even after being gluten free for others?? I appreciate any input you could give me. The bottom line is if it bothers me I'm back off the dairy.

I've been gluten free since Dec. 08. After about 3 months I could eat dairy again without any problems. Lately I noticed I began having stomach aches after eating and couldn't pin point exactly what was causing the pain. Just yesterday it hit me that it was almost immediately after eating dairy. Has dairy remained a problem even after being gluten free for others?? I appreciate any input you could give me. The bottom line is if it bothers me I'm back off the dairy.

What kind of dairy? Is it possible that it could be CC'd with gluten ingredients? I know that a lot of low-fat or fat-free products are suspect for that reason (thickening agents) and so are a lot of flavored things like yogurts.

What kind of dairy? Is it possible that it could be CC'd with gluten ingredients? I know that a lot of low-fat or fat-free products are suspect for that reason (thickening agents) and so are a lot of flavored things like yogurts.

I just checked the 2 things I ate. Plain yogurt and heavy cream both have no gluten ingredients listed. Thanks for your response. Do you know if most celiacs are able to tolerate dairy?

I just checked the 2 things I ate. Plain yogurt and heavy cream both have no gluten ingredients listed. Thanks for your response. Do you know if most celiacs are able to tolerate dairy?

Some are able, but others have either a severe lactose intolerance or an intolerance to the casein protein.

Some are able, but others have either a severe lactose intolerance or an intolerance to the casein protein.

[/quote

Thanks i-geek. I guess I'll avoid the dairy for awhile and see if the tummy calms down.