Rate this topic

For those of us who eat the entire pint....I found this new frozen stuff at whole foods. It comes in all kinds of flavors, it's gluten and dairy free and it's only around 140 calories for the WHOLE PINT. yum

What did you think of it? According to the reviews on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, it tastes like a frozen protein shake, and not the good kind. :) But I am curious.

Perhaps it is just me, but I reacted horribly to Arctic Zero, really bad gluten like symptoms. I know it is labeled gluten free, and I have no idea if it is a CC thing or just ME reacting poorly to something else in the product. Probably the later, but I am curious to hear what others say. I did have so much hope for this product.

What did you think of it? According to the reviews on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, it tastes like a frozen protein shake, and not the good kind. :) But I am curious.

I liked the taste okay, not as creamy as even fat free frozen yogurt. I can kind of see the frozen protein shake thing, but better. I was a bit unsatisfying on the sweet tooth. But it is really low cal, and if I did not have such a reaction, I would continue to buy it.

I found it to be very unsatisfying, very much like a frozen protein shake. I did not have any gluteny issues with it, just thought the taste was bleh.

I liked it...it's it own thing. I would not compare it to milk based stuff...but I will buy it again

Wow -- I really like this stuff. Let me preface this by saying: I had ben and jerry's earlier today -- only ONE serving, of course! But I love Ben and Jerry's. Then I bought the Arctic Zero at the store. It's good! Not like Ben and Jerry's, no, but still yummy. It's a very mild ice cream, but it has great texture and is very satisfying. And you can eat it without guilt. :) I got the peanut butter and chocolate flavor. What other flavors do you recommend?

I just tried the Maple Vanilla...yummy! Now this does not taste like vanilla ice cream. But it is still yummy and has great consistency. I think if you go into it expecting it to be a fun frozen treat, it is very satisfying.

I'm gonna get that one today! Does it hurt your belly ever?

I'm gonna get that one today! Does it hurt your belly ever?

Not at this point. That's not to say much though, as I must have gotten into something over the weekend that didn't like me. :( But I don't think it was the arctic zero. We ate out for Mother's Day -- WHO thought that was a good idea?! Certainly not me.

On 5/8/2010 at 3:55 PM, StephanieGF said:

Perhaps it is just me, but I reacted horribly to Arctic Zero, really bad gluten like symptoms. I know it is labeled gluten free, and I have no idea if it is a CC thing or just ME reacting poorly to something else in the product. Probably the later, but I am curious to hear what others say. I did have so much hope for this product.

I reacted HORRIBLY as well!!! Not sure why but oh my goodness, I hadn't been in that bad of shape in a long while. Never again, for me.  

On 5/8/2010 at 3:55 PM, StephanieGF said:

I reacted HORRIBLY as well!!! Not sure why but oh my goodness, I hadn't been in that bad of shape in a long while. Never again, for me.  

Edit: just came across this article:

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2018-02-12/healthier-ice-creams-allow-you-to-eat-the-whole-pint-and-this-dietitian-doesnt-like-it?context=amp

7 hours ago, Mkwest85 said:

Edit: just came across this article:

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2018-02-12/healthier-ice-creams-allow-you-to-eat-the-whole-pint-and-this-dietitian-doesnt-like-it?context=amp

I use wink often but if my stomach is in a bad mood IE my recent gluten exposure if gives me pain from gas in my lower abdomen. I have linked this to chicory root as the same stuff is in Nutilight (sugar, diary, and gluten free hazelnut spread) and has the exact same effect. So I have to stay clear of it for awhile.