Rate this topic

With all these allergies this year and just getting over/still fighting a sinus infection I really would love to get some Mucinex. I've found conflicting info on whether it's gluten-free and not much of it very recent. Of course it's Saturday too and the company's closed. Anyone have any recent info or take it and have effects or not have effects? Thanks so much!!

With all these allergies this year and just getting over/still fighting a sinus infection I really would love to get some Mucinex. I've found conflicting info on whether it's gluten-free and not much of it very recent. Of course it's Saturday too and the company's closed. Anyone have any recent info or take it and have effects or not have effects? Thanks so much!!

I just googled "Mucinex gluten free" and came up with this link, which shows it listed as gluten free. http://www.glutenfre...gs.com/list.htm The list was updated on 5/7/10.

Glutenfreedrugs is a very helpful list to consult for lots of different meds, including OTC. Hope this helps...

I have been taking Mucinex for years with no problem. I also have taken the Costco (Kirkland) version (which is different - it's not time-released) with no problems. The Kirkland version is a lot cheaper, but you have to take it every 4 hours.

My Celiac dietitian told me yesterday that my recurrent sinus/allergy problems is a vitamin A deficiency due to Celiac. Wild, huh?

Thanks so much for all your help! It can get so frustrating not being able to just take anything, as you all know.

And, that's interesting about a vitamin A deficiency. I just started upping my intake of carrots, specifically organic carrot juice. I knew I didn't get enough A & C. It's all very interesting. I do know about the link between low vitamin D and increased allergy symptoms. My son and a friend have been dealing with this recently and their drs mentioned this.