Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With all these allergies this year and just getting over/still fighting a sinus infection I really would love to get some Mucinex. I've found conflicting info on whether it's gluten-free and not much of it very recent. Of course it's Saturday too and the company's closed. Anyone have any recent info or take it and have effects or not have effects? Thanks so much!!

Diagnosed with Celiac through blood work Feb 2010

Gluten-free/dairy-free Feb 2010

Mom to 2 gluten sensitive boys

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

With all these allergies this year and just getting over/still fighting a sinus infection I really would love to get some Mucinex. I've found conflicting info on whether it's gluten-free and not much of it very recent. Of course it's Saturday too and the company's closed. Anyone have any recent info or take it and have effects or not have effects? Thanks so much!!

I just googled "Mucinex gluten free" and came up with this link, which shows it listed as gluten free. http://www.glutenfre...gs.com/list.htm The list was updated on 5/7/10.

Glutenfreedrugs is a very helpful list to consult for lots of different meds, including OTC. Hope this helps...

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

I have been taking Mucinex for years with no problem. I also have taken the Costco (Kirkland) version (which is different - it's not time-released) with no problems. The Kirkland version is a lot cheaper, but you have to take it every 4 hours.

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

My Celiac dietitian told me yesterday that my recurrent sinus/allergy problems is a vitamin A deficiency due to Celiac. Wild, huh?

Daignosed Celiac -Feb 2010

Gluten Free

Dairy Free

Legume Free

Egg Free

Oil Free

Soy Free

Thanks so much for all your help! It can get so frustrating not being able to just take anything, as you all know.

And, that's interesting about a vitamin A deficiency. I just started upping my intake of carrots, specifically organic carrot juice. I knew I didn't get enough A & C. It's all very interesting. I do know about the link between low vitamin D and increased allergy symptoms. My son and a friend have been dealing with this recently and their drs mentioned this.

Diagnosed with Celiac through blood work Feb 2010

Gluten-free/dairy-free Feb 2010

Mom to 2 gluten sensitive boys