EHY

Help! New Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and glad it's here. I've been gluten-free for about two months and generally feeling pretty good; but recently I've developed nausea and dizziness, neither of which I've previously experienced. Generally my symptoms are bloating/gas and fatigue. Is it normal to go through an array of symptoms while getting off of gluten?

Also, I've wondered if it could be candida as I've fought off candida before (about 2 yrs ago before I knew I had Celiac) and haven't exactly been on an anti-candida diet (though I do avoid yeast). Any insights help. Much thanks.

-Jay

The odds of you having a candida overgrowth are less than your odds of having introduced a food into your diet with hidden gluten, or getting small amounts of gluten through cross contamination of a shared kitchen/dishwasher which would give you exactly the symptoms you've described above.

That old Candida can be sneaky and I didn't realize I had a problem but the ND I see tested me for it and gave me some herbs - Kroeger's Candida Formula # 2 and that helped tho I had to double the dose for a few days. I have added Neem leaf capsules and that is helping too.

You could also be having a reaction to another food, either an allergen or something you are intolerant or sensitive to. I ran into that within a few weeks of going gluten free, and had all three. I had the nausea, fatigue, dizziness, etc... But no hives or itching or anything.

If you keep a food log of every ingredient and how you feel, that may help you track down the culprits, if it is another food (celiacs are prone to other food issues, and to develop them later on, as well). I had to cut out a lot of foods, too, so I could figure out what I had problems with.

Also, have you been dating anyone new recently? Lipstick, powders, and makeup typically have gluten, too, so any kissing can get you glutened. ;)

Oh...if yeast does end up as a problem, you may want to be very careful about any medication - some anti-fungals that are commonly prescribed contain gluten and the doctor may not even think about it.

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and glad it's here. I've been gluten-free for about two months and generally feeling pretty good; but recently I've developed nausea and dizziness, neither of which I've previously experienced. Generally my symptoms are bloating/gas and fatigue. Is it normal to go through an array of symptoms while getting off of gluten?

Also, I've wondered if it could be candida as I've fought off candida before (about 2 yrs ago before I knew I had Celiac) and haven't exactly been on an anti-candida diet (though I do avoid yeast). Any insights help. Much thanks.

-Jay