Lisa79

Leaky Gut - Diet

Rate this topic

I have been reading up on Leaky Gut and the more I read the more I believe this is my problem.

So I am going to try the diet, I have found some information on the diet at http://hubpages.com/hub/dietforleakygut67 this page has given me the basics, can anyone suggest any other really good sites with info?

All the foods I think listed on the diet are problem foods for me, so it shouldn't be too hard to give up, corn I have never had an issue with but i will try cut it out and see.

Thanks

Lisa

Can anyone suggest breaky ideas? I currently eat cornflakes or toast most days, although the toast is not too fulling and nutritious.

What fruits are ok? I noticed it said you can eat fruit although I find some fruits make me worse and fruit are high in suger so I would have thought you were to stay away from fruits.

Thanks

Lisa

Can anyone suggest breaky ideas? I currently eat cornflakes or toast most days, although the toast is not too fulling and nutritious.

What fruits are ok? I noticed it said you can eat fruit although I find some fruits make me worse and fruit are high in suger so I would have thought you were to stay away from fruits.

Thanks

Lisa

You could do a rice-based cereal with almond milk, sliced almonds, and (not too much) fruit (berries are good, even frozen), with a herbal tea.

Or make a shake with almond milk, berries and, and... I dunno, whatever you can dream up. There is a rice-based protein powder in the U.S., don't know if it exists down here.

Or you can eat dinner or lunch for breakfast - why not?

I clicked on the link and immediately wished I hadn't! :blink: My dr. wants to test me for food allergies and leaky gut, among other things....she was right about the gluten problem, and deep down I believe she's on to something with the leaky gut/allergies, too. I will get tested as soon as I can come up with the cash (no insurance), because on the one hand I want to face whatever else is wrong with me head-on.

On the other hand....give up coffee? Are they out of their freaking minds? Dairy? EGGS, for crying in the dark? Dear Lord, I have CHICKENS in the back yard! :o I can't put my girls out of a job! (o.k. at this point, I'm really needing a good "screaming tantrum" emoticon here!)

Oh, but seriously....Obviously I've already given up gluten, and since I've been on a low-carb diet I've given up sugar, all grains, rice...what's left? Meat and veggies? Something like this may well take another miracle like the ones that got the Carb Queen here (who was just getting set up to brew her own beer) to give up gluten and way too many carbs. :huh:

I could give up everything on that list except eggs! Coffee would be difficult but I could do it. In fact I think I might have a coffee intolerance but reluctant to go there :P I like my morning cuppa joe.

I clicked on the link and immediately wished I hadn't! :blink: My dr. wants to test me for food allergies and leaky gut, among other things....she was right about the gluten problem, and deep down I believe she's on to something with the leaky gut/allergies, too. I will get tested as soon as I can come up with the cash (no insurance), because on the one hand I want to face whatever else is wrong with me head-on.

On the other hand....give up coffee? Are they out of their freaking minds? Dairy? EGGS, for crying in the dark? Dear Lord, I have CHICKENS in the back yard! :o I can't put my girls out of a job! (o.k. at this point, I'm really needing a good "screaming tantrum" emoticon here!)

Oh, but seriously....Obviously I've already given up gluten, and since I've been on a low-carb diet I've given up sugar, all grains, rice...what's left? Meat and veggies? Something like this may well take another miracle like the ones that got the Carb Queen here (who was just getting set up to brew her own beer) to give up gluten and way too many carbs. :huh:

Is this how I "reply"? Testing, testing. Okay, my CFS/FM just tested my food sensitivities through Meridian Labs. Not too many surprises - dairy and wheat and gluten are off the charts. Corn is okay. Kale, vanilla, turmeric are iffy. While not surprised, I am a little (!) depressed at the thought of no real pizza for 6 months, but appreciate that I don't have full blown Celiac where it would be forever.

Very interesting to me is that some suffering the "gluten withdrawal" describe symptoms very similar to my long and nasty journey getting off Effexor (antidepressant) - brain zaps, vertigo, etc.

Anyway, here I am looking for support as I adjust to these dietary changes, and hope that I get my brain and energy (and life) back.

You could do a rice-based cereal with almond milk, sliced almonds, and (not too much) fruit (berries are good, even frozen), with a herbal tea.

Or make a shake with almond milk, berries and, and... I dunno, whatever you can dream up. There is a rice-based protein powder in the U.S., don't know if it exists down here.

Or you can eat dinner or lunch for breakfast - why not?

I've given up eating a "normal" North American breakfast. Some meat and fruit set me up for a much better day than carbs. So what if my kids think I'm strange? In Japan salmon and rice are breakfast. In Israel salad is breakfast. Eat what makes YOU feel well!