kayo

Ige The Next Step?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Still awaiting info on my thyroid and lupus test results but I'm betting I'm having some additional food intolerances and/or allergies. I suspect cocoa butter, coffee and tapioca.

Bone density results came back and it shows early signs of osteopenia :(

I want to get the most nutrients and vitamins out of my foods as possible and eliminate any culprits that may be hindering this absorption.

Is the next step IgE testing, and if so who does this testing? which doctor? It'd be great if I could get insurance to cover it. I paid for my own enterolab testing because I was fed up but now that I have a celiac diagnosis and reason to believe more foods are bothering me I would rather not pay out of pocket going forward.

Any other ideas besides IgE? I'm open.

Cheers! :)

IgE is the realm of Allergists. Try to find one that goes with the serological tests instead of the skin prick test as the skin prick test is somewhat soft science.

Thank you. I've had those skin prick tests so many times in my life (well before making sense of any of this) and they never showed any food allergies or intolerances except for slight allergy to carrots that the doc was unsure of, could have been the prick next to carrots that was swelling into the carrot area. ;)

Things like pollen, cats, dogs, ragweed, etc. always came up. I have seasonal allergies. I do think they once took blood work for milk allergy and it came up negative (well duh, I'm lactose intolerant not allergic to the protein).

I never felt like that doc knew anything pertinent to this century! Also, I hated that the test was done on my back and I couldn't see the results myself.

I explained my concerns but they never recommended IgE or any other type of testing. This was a good 4-5 years ago when I was trying to make sense out of all this. I didn't know anything about celiac at the time.

Have you tried an elimination diet Kayo? That is as good a way to go as any IMHO.

I've done specific food elimination diets on foods I suspected, ie, dairy, gluten, tapioca, chocolate, etc but not a full blown elimination diet. Right now I'm doing coffee. The IgE tests against numerous foods at once which would be a huge time saver.