AmandaD

Seasonal Allergies

Rate this topic

Hi guys -

AmandaD here. So summer is just starting here up north and I'm starting to feel my seasonal allergies coming on. Anyone get this around this time of year - feeling run down, nasal drip, tired, etc.? Do you recommend any type of otc allergy medicine that's safe for celiacs?

Hi guys -

AmandaD here. So summer is just starting here up north and I'm starting to feel my seasonal allergies coming on. Anyone get this around this time of year - feeling run down, nasal drip, tired, etc.? Do you recommend any type of otc allergy medicine that's safe for celiacs?

Hi Amanda--I use Claritin.

I use the equate brand for Claritin. I called the company and they assured me it is gluten free. Although, I do recommend calling every couple months or so to make sure they don't change the ingredients.

Netti pot with warm salt water will clear and sooth your sinuses.

Also, consider giving up dairy if you consume it, works wonders during allergy season. Hope you feel better soon!

Zyrtec is also gluten free. Good luck! Hope you find relief soon! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys! Bought some claritin last night - and will get zyrtec for back up :o).

I've tried Claritin, Zyrtec and Alavert. Alavert is my favorite. It works without drying me out like the Zyrtec does. I keep some Zyrtek in the cupboard for those really bad days but for the most part Alavert is my allergy med of choice. Claritin doesn't work for me at all. It's as if I've taken nothing at all. The netti pot works really well too but it makes me gag which I hate. I also like making a hot cup of tea or coffee and holding it just below my nose and eyes and let the steam work some magic.

I like Alavert. Added bonus: the quick-dissolve tabs are also lactose-free, for those of us with lactose intolerance. (The generic ones have lactose as a binding agent.)