Juliebove

French Meadows Tortillas

Rate this topic

I was so happy when I found this in our local Central Market. I just made a quesadilla with them and tempted fate to eat it. I say this because they are made on shared lines with egg and soy and I have an egg allergy. I only ate 1/4 of it and gave the rest to my daughter. Quesadillas used to be one of her favorite quick meals. Another was a tortilla smeared with peanut butter and jelly then a banana in the middle and roll the whole thing up. Too bad she is allergic to peanuts and almonds as well. She doesn't like the other nut/seed butters too much and won't try the hemp butter I bought.

Anyway... These tortillas taste just like the real thing. Yum, yum!

Have you tried sunnutbutter(sunflower seeds) or soynutbutter for your daughter? DS accepted the sunnutbutter and welcomed it for a change for a while when the nut butters were out. Unfortunately, sunflower seeds, etc. are out with recent allergy testing. Pumpkin seed butter is available online(although a bit pricey) but I have thought about tryng it for a treat for both of us.

Have you tried sunnutbutter(sunflower seeds) or soynutbutter for your daughter? DS accepted the sunnutbutter and welcomed it for a change for a while when the nut butters were out. Unfortunately, sunflower seeds, etc. are out with recent allergy testing. Pumpkin seed butter is available online(although a bit pricey) but I have thought about tryng it for a treat for both of us.

She doesn't like sunbutter and I won't allow most soy products. She outgrew a soy allergy so can tecnically have soy twice a week. She gets gluten-free teriyaki once a week and there is soy sauce in that. Also most restaurants use soybean oil so I figure that is enough for her to get.

I used to eat a lot of soy and developed a thyroid problem. Once I stopped eating the soy, it went away. Thyroid problems run on both sides of the family so I feel it best to restrict consumption of it.

i love these for quesidias but do not know how to get them soft for rolling. how did you do it?

thanks,

hez

i love these for quesidias but do not know how to get them soft for rolling. how did you do it?

thanks,

hez

I didn't roll them. Only made the Quesadillas in a skillet. Just two tortillas with cheese in between. Cooked till cheese almost melted, flipped over and cooked until fully melted, then cut in wedges.