This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Cafe

Juliebove

Juliebove Rising Star

Has anyone tried this? I just found it on another website. I was browing the products there and saw it. But I will not order from that site. It's a food allergy site. I placed an order of about $200 worth of stuff last year. Never got the order. Long story short, the business was shut down. The owner was in contact with me but she said there was nothing she could do to get my money back. Now she has re-opened but I don't trust to order from her again! So I searched and found it on another site and ordered a case of it.

They do make some other flavors of soups, but they were of no interest to me for various reasons. They also make frozen meals. I have seen the frozen meals at local stores and now wonder if perhaps those stores also sell the canned soup. Perhaps I just missed it? Their website said it is available at many grocery stores.

This is one thing we've been missing. Chicken and noodle is my daughter's favorite soup. I do make it for her sometimes, but mostly when she wants it is when she is sick. And when she is sick, I am often sick. So I don't feel like making soup. I always keep cooked rice in the house so making chicken and rice soup is much easier for me. That's what I usually make.

I just hope this is good! I bought the Kettle Cuisine after seeing it get high ratings, but we didn't really like it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

It's a food allergy site. I placed an order of about $200 worth of stuff last year. Never got the order. Long story short, the business was shut down. The owner was in contact with me but she said there was nothing she could do to get my money back. Now she has re-opened but I don't trust to order from her again!

I don't know about that product but I would advise you to contact that site and try again to get your money back. Hopefully you kept any email or snail mail communication. If the communication was by email the easy way to retrive it from some email sites, like yahoo, is to do a search using the companies name. Filing a claim with the Better Business folks might help also.

One tip for ordering anything that has any risk, use your credit card. That way the credit card company can do a chargeback if something like that happens again.

Juliebove Rising Star

I don't know about that product but I would advise you to contact that site and try again to get your money back. Hopefully you kept any email or snail mail communication. If the communication was by email the easy way to retrive it from some email sites, like yahoo, is to do a search using the companies name. Filing a claim with the Better Business folks might help also.

One tip for ordering anything that has any risk, use your credit card. That way the credit card company can do a chargeback if something like that happens again.

I can't remember the particulars now. I think they filed bankruptcy or something. The owner said she could not give me any money back because there was none and she also had no product she could send. I had said I would accept any product she had that we weren't allergic to.

I don't like to use my credit card because currently the balance is too high due to emergency type things. Both of our vehicles needed expensive repairs and then we needed a new hot water heater at the same time.

I don't know if I used Paypal or debit card. It has been so long I can't remember. I use Paypal when I can. They are really of no help though if there is a problem. I have had two problems on Ebay. Both times I didn't get my merchandise. They didn't do a thing.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I can't remember the particulars now. I think they filed bankruptcy or something. The owner said she could not give me any money back because there was none and she also had no product she could send. I had said I would accept any product she had that we weren't allergic to.

I don't like to use my credit card because currently the balance is too high due to emergency type things. Both of our vehicles needed expensive repairs and then we needed a new hot water heater at the same time.

I don't know if I used Paypal or debit card. It has been so long I can't remember. I use Paypal when I can. They are really of no help though if there is a problem. I have had two problems on Ebay. Both times I didn't get my merchandise. They didn't do a thing.

Since the business is back up I would contact her and refresh her memory about the unfulfilled order. If you imply that you will do business with her after you recieve your original order perhaps you might get that 'backorder'.

Paypal can't do anything after this length of time about that order but they have changed regs there. Supposedly the process to get you money back if you don't recieve something has gotten easier. Don't know alot about it as I rarely buy from auctions and have never had an issue but the paypal site should have info on the changes.

Juliebove Rising Star

Since the business is back up I would contact her and refresh her memory about the unfulfilled order. If you imply that you will do business with her after you recieve your original order perhaps you might get that 'backorder'.

Paypal can't do anything after this length of time about that order but they have changed regs there. Supposedly the process to get you money back if you don't recieve something has gotten easier. Don't know alot about it as I rarely buy from auctions and have never had an issue but the paypal site should have info on the changes.

She has no record of my order, nor do I. When I placed the order it was just bad timing I think. Supposedly they seized her computer and everything just after my order was placed. I thought it was odd because I never got a confirmation or anything. I can't remember now if I paid via Paypal or debit card. It was at least a year ago. I just won't do business with her again. If she could be shut down that quickly, it certainly could happen again. Odd thing is she has her own line of mixes and things and she is back selling them. Makes me wonder how.

Juliebove Rising Star

This came today. Daughter was beside herself with joy! Wanted to come back home before dance class to eat some. Time was limited but we raced home and I heated up a can. I ate a small amount and gave her the rest. Although it said there were 2 servings, she easily ate most of the can and probably could have had another. She loved it!

My opinion? It was okay. I thought the chicken was chewy. But there wasn't a lot of chicken in it. The rest was fine. Not something I would go out of my way for. I do like soup. Just not a big fan of canned soup. I prefer home made.

This will be great for those times when she is sick though. She hates my home made soup. I put too many vegetables in it for her. But she ate the carrots in this! And she hates cooked carrots!

BethM55 Enthusiast

This came today. Daughter was beside herself with joy! Wanted to come back home before dance class to eat some. Time was limited but we raced home and I heated up a can. I ate a small amount and gave her the rest. Although it said there were 2 servings, she easily ate most of the can and probably could have had another. She loved it!

My opinion? It was okay. I thought the chicken was chewy. But there wasn't a lot of chicken in it. The rest was fine. Not something I would go out of my way for. I do like soup. Just not a big fan of canned soup. I prefer home made.

This will be great for those times when she is sick though. She hates my home made soup. I put too many vegetables in it for her. But she ate the carrots in this! And she hates cooked carrots!

I've just started using the Progresso line of gluten free soups and have been very pleased so far.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived