• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

bklyn

Pf Changs Restaurnat

Rate this topic

I've eaten at at least 5 different PF Changs and have to say that sometimes I get sick and sometimes I don't... with the same dish (I usually get the shrimp and lobster sauce off the gluten-free menu...), which also tastes a little different every time I get it, which is suspicious in itself. I haven't been able to figure out yet if it is a cross-contamination issue (found a noodle in a non-noodly dish once, even though the company swore they protect against this when I wrote to let them know it had happened) or a sometimes the chefs aren't so careful and dont keep track of which dishes they're making gluten-free or gluten-filled) or what, but I'm just about done with considering it as a safe place for me to eat, which is sad, since they were one of the gluten-free-menu pioneers and I would love to support their efforts, but it just isn't a good choice for me, I don't think...

PS-I wonder what the ppl at PF Chang's would say if they read all this...

I've never had a problem at PF Changs. (I've eaten at ... three in Southern California, one in Northern California, and one in Phoenix - I don't know if that makes a difference.) But if you have a problem with the sesame oil, or the soy in the sauces, or just a higher quantity of fat, that could be the culprit. I definitely don't eat too much of anything that's very fried (even if it is tasty).

Just got back from PF Changs for lunch. All this discussion made me hungry!  :lol:  Anyhow, I had the lettuce wraps and for the first time ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad without the fried wontons. It was excellent! In fact it just may be my new favorite thing! Once again I stayed away from their tea as I think it is flavored, and just had water with lemon. It was a lovely lunch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THEIR TEA is flavored??

Maybe that is why I had a stomach ache yesterday!?!?!?

Do you have to ask for a special menu? or are the items marked on their regular menu?  I LOVE PF's so I would be so excited that I could still eat there. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have the gluten-free menus at teh front, but you have to ask for it.

I agree with the Waitstaff issue... they are TOTALLY not Educated on gluten-free nor their menu of gluten-free.. My waitress was staring at me with 3 heads when I was asking questions about a Menu THEY gave me! Even when the Manager came over, even SHE had no clue :rolleyes: Coporate needs to do some MAJOR traning of employees about their gluten-free menu and it's SERIOUSNESS

for whatever its worth ,. I ate at PF Chang's and got sick as a dog . Hospitalized for 24 hours and just generally felt like a extra large poop sandwich . I called corporate and was shuttled off to voice mail . I called the actual restaurant where it happened , Palm Beach Gardens Mall ,. and the manager told me ' I sell thousands of those dishes and no one has ever been sick .. I hope you feel better .. that was that .. so need less to say .. I will not be going there or to Pei Wei's ever again . I hope this helps some one . Oh .. I had the sesame chicken bowl with hot and sour soup ....HURL!!!

for whatever its worth ,. I ate at PF Chang's and got sick as a dog . Hospitalized for 24 hours and just generally felt like a extra large poop sandwich . I called corporate and was shuttled off to voice mail . I called the actual restaurant where it happened , Palm Beach Gardens Mall ,. and the manager told me ' I sell thousands of those dishes and no one has ever been sick .. I hope you feel better .. that was that .. so need less to say .. I will not be going there or to Pei Wei's ever again . I hope this helps some one . Oh .. I had the sesame chicken bowl with hot and sour soup ....HURL!!!

That's horrible! Could it have been salmonella and not gluten?

I really think your experience can vary by location. I eat at the one in Peabody, MA and have never had a problem.

I used to have a problem with one Legal Seafoods location but not at any of the others.

I am slightly confused as neither of those items is on the gluten-free menu? Were you ordering gluten free?