Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

precious831

Sick Again

Uggh, I know I haven't had anything with gluten but for 2 days now I've been having the D again. I haven't had anything with dairy. I'm thinking I'm reacting to soy too, but hoping I'm not. :(

Anyone else intolerant to soy?

Grain-free,dairy-free, soy-free (celiac, possible colitis now as well).

Extremely allergic to shellfish, Aspirin & Ibuprofen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am. It took me awhile to pinpoint it...I was so happy that I could still have coffee with soy milk, and then the symptoms started. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Me too. I didn't do soy milk but ate a lot of stuff with soy after I was diagnosed. It took me a while to figure it out also.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Yes, not fgood stuff unless fermented, in my opinion.

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

Also look back at anything that might have changed in the last week. Have you tried a new lotion, shampoos or gone out to eat someplace? Are you doing any new craft projects or home remodeling? Could you have picked up a virus or perhaps eaten something that gave you food poisoning? I don't know where you are from but there have been some eggs recalled for salmonella recently in I think the midwest.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Also look back at anything that might have changed in the last week. Have you tried a new lotion, shampoos or gone out to eat someplace? Are you doing any new craft projects or home remodeling? Could you have picked up a virus or perhaps eaten something that gave you food poisoning? I don't know where you are from but there have been some eggs recalled for salmonella recently in I think the midwest.

I heard about the egg recall, does it apply to organic? We use Phil's eggs. I'll have to check it out.

Nothing new has changed, everything's the same, I'm thinking it's soy.

Couple of ideas. My daughter continued to have stomach issues after going gluten-free and the Dr. said irritable bowel syndrome is common in people with celiac so you might look up IBS triggers and try cutting out some of those foods.

Not sure how old you are but I started taking a natural estrogen supplement and wow, did it upset my system!!

Goodluck and sorry you are having issues.....

Celiac disease, diagnosed 2/10, symptoms since I was about 13 or so. Mom died of non-Hodgkins lymphoma that originated in her intestinal tract at age 56

Daughter, 14 yrs. old, diagnosed 9/10 after about a year of stomach problems, eczema (now gone!!), also has IBS

YES! Soy is evil. But for me, I can tell the difference between soy and gluten. Gluten means a quick trip to the ladies room, followed by a deep sleep. Followed by no sleep that night, followed by no bathroom for a few days, Ah, the contradictions. Soy gives me high blood pressure, along with stomach pain that feels like toothpicks jabbing through my stomach. That only lasts for a few hours. I avoid both.

-Daisy

I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.

--David Sedaris

Couple of ideas. My daughter continued to have stomach issues after going gluten-free and the Dr. said irritable bowel syndrome is common in people with celiac so you might look up IBS triggers and try cutting out some of those foods.

Not sure how old you are but I started taking a natural estrogen supplement and wow, did it upset my system!!

Goodluck and sorry you are having issues.....

I do have IBS and I try to eat grain-free as much as possible. I'm also gluten and dairy-free and I guess try to avoid soy now too. I eat only organic food, non-GMO, I don't eat/use anything w/ food colors, additives or anything artificial. I think I live pretty healthy. :)