Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommyto3

Leaky Gut With Nerve Symptoms?

Hi all,

I've been having this terrible twitching all over on and off for a couple of months now. It seems to be getting worse and I now have shooting nerve pains, burning and some pretty massive twitches (some that jerk my whole shoulder). Not liking this AT ALL.

I've had mild twitching on and off for a few years now but nothing like this. It seems to me that this whole episode was sparked when I took a course of antibiotics two months back. As soon as I took the first pill the major twitching started. That can't be a coincidence. So of course I've been scouring the net trying to find out what the heck could be wrong with me and I come across "leaky gut syndrome". I see to fit the profile pretty well and I've read that it can cause neuro symptoms for some.

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting diagnosed with this? Do I visit a naturopath? How do they test it? I don't even have a clue where to start....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi all,

I've been having this terrible twitching all over on and off for a couple of months now. It seems to be getting worse and I now have shooting nerve pains, burning and some pretty massive twitches (some that jerk my whole shoulder). Not liking this AT ALL.

I've had mild twitching on and off for a few years now but nothing like this. It seems to me that this whole episode was sparked when I took a course of antibiotics two months back. As soon as I took the first pill the major twitching started. That can't be a coincidence. So of course I've been scouring the net trying to find out what the heck could be wrong with me and I come across "leaky gut syndrome". I see to fit the profile pretty well and I've read that it can cause neuro symptoms for some.

Can someone please tell me how I go about getting diagnosed with this? Do I visit a naturopath? How do they test it? I don't even have a clue where to start....

Going to a naturopath is a good idea, but you can also order tests online to check for leaky gut. I think you should start by searching for problems associated with antibiotics. They can have some strange side effects that can last for a while.