This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kissing Bandit!

notme

notme Experienced

ok, here is my confession:

i thought "really. getting glutened from kissing the significant other? preposterous!!" i really thought y'all were over the top and frankly, a little batty... ;) but, i refrained and was careful when it came to smooching the old man. untillllllll...........

ok, here is my apology:

i was totally wrong! yes, you can get glutened by kissing your sweetie if he/she is eating/drinking gluten goodies! i didn't believe it. but i do now :/

my poor sweetie worked his hiney off to make sure i didn't get sick in a house full of relatives this past week. he made sure nobody put away leftovers in contaminated containers. he POLICED all cutting boards and mixing spoons. (LOL he contaminated an entire pot of marinara sauce by dipping italian/gluten bread directly into gallons of the finished sauce ("honey? what are you- oh. well, nevermind") without realizing what he'd done. i made giant pan of gluten-ziti with it for the masses and recreated said sauce gluten-free) so, when he was feeling all romantic, i didn't have the heart to make him go sterilize his mouth, thinking, SURELY NOT.... oh, well. who's got two thumbs and learns everything the hard way?? *this girl* :D

ps - also got glutened by lipgloss (organic - contains wheat germ oil...) two weeks ago. another 'myth' (in my mind) dispelled.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

K8ling Enthusiast

HA! Omg I am so so so sorry you had to learn the hard way but...

Now you know! I am PARANOID about it and for good reason!

notme Experienced

hahaha k8, how does one romantically and gracefully say 'eeeeew you're all gluteny!!' it's gotta be a moodkilla :/

while i'm doing the math: 2 people, 2 gether 4 22 years + (2-3 kids + 2-3 grandkids still living at the house - everybody not home! = house 2 ourselves = 0 interruptions......... ;)

is there gum that works? a supermint? quick fixxx?? lol

kareng Grand Master

My Hub says, " I brushed my teeth.....". I guess that's the new come- on line at my house. ;)

notme Experienced

My Hub says, " I brushed my teeth.....". I guess that's the new come- on line at my house. ;)

LOL!! I LOVE IT!!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

HA! Omg I am so so so sorry you had to learn the hard way but...

Now you know! I am PARANOID about it and for good reason!

I'm glad to know I'm not the other paranoid one! So many people in my life at like I'm over the top, not knowing.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

ok, here is my confession:

i thought "really. getting glutened from kissing the significant other? preposterous!!" i really thought y'all were over the top and frankly, a little batty... ;) but, i refrained and was careful when it came to smooching the old man. untillllllll...........

ok, here is my apology:

i was totally wrong! yes, you can get glutened by kissing your sweetie if he/she is eating/drinking gluten goodies! i didn't believe it. but i do now :/

my poor sweetie worked his hiney off to make sure i didn't get sick in a house full of relatives this past week. he made sure nobody put away leftovers in contaminated containers. he POLICED all cutting boards and mixing spoons. (LOL he contaminated an entire pot of marinara sauce by dipping italian/gluten bread directly into gallons of the finished sauce ("honey? what are you- oh. well, nevermind") without realizing what he'd done. i made giant pan of gluten-ziti with it for the masses and recreated said sauce gluten-free) so, when he was feeling all romantic, i didn't have the heart to make him go sterilize his mouth, thinking, SURELY NOT.... oh, well. who's got two thumbs and learns everything the hard way?? *this girl* :D

ps - also got glutened by lipgloss (organic - contains wheat germ oil...) two weeks ago. another 'myth' (in my mind) dispelled.

I got nailed with lipgloss with wheatgerm oil, but was told it was gluten-free orginally! Always look for yourself. It's a learning experience : ) the longer gluten-free the more we know.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol: :lol:

I tell ya, I was the same way once upon a time. I figured if I didn't eat it, the rest didn't matter. I was proven wrong a few times and had to get much more strict about it.

K8ling Enthusiast

Tooth brushing IS a come on in this house LOL

T.H. Community Regular

Oh man, so sorry it got you, but yeah, sometimes it's just too hard to believe it can even be real until it happens, yeah? And sometimes it can end up being kinda funny. Later. When it doesn't hurt anymore, yeah?

This Thanksgiving, people around my hubby and I probably thought we were loons when I leaned up to kiss my hubby and he suddenly turned his head away and yelped out 'No, wait, beer! Beer!' He'd drunk a beer a few minutes before and was trying to warn me. :D

rainer83 Newbie

I can't believe some of the products out there that have wheat in it! I would get cankersoars all the time from lip gloss and never knew why. Even some shampoos have wheat, and I would end up with a constant itchy scalp.

Although I drink bud light lime and I don't have any problems. I know it's a rice beer, so I've been drinking it, I'm sure there's cross contamination though, it doesn't seem to bother me. Which I find odd cause I can't eat any Schneider's meats products cause of cross contamination or Quaker oatmeal because of the same issue. I'm not gonna complain about it, cause I miss Alexander Keith's and MGD!

I'm not sure where you are and if the beer Steamwhistle is available, but it's certified gluten free, maybe he can give it a try? I hear it's pretty good!

kareng Grand Master

Although I drink bud light lime and I don't have any problems. I know it's a rice beer, so I've been drinking it, I'm sure there's cross contamination though, it doesn't seem to bother me.

You might want to email Anheuser- Busch about that beer. I think its just the regular beer with lime added. So it may not have wheat, but it does have barley. Not sure they make any rice beers. i have emailed them before, & they were pretty quick to respond.

rainer83 Newbie

You might want to email Anheuser- Busch about that beer. I think its just the regular beer with lime added. So it may not have wheat, but it does have barley. Not sure they make any rice beers. i have emailed them before, & they were pretty quick to respond.

thanks for the info. I'll try and send them an email in the near future.

I have a friend with celiacs, and she was the one who advised me it was a rice beer, and she drinks it too, but it's always good to know the facts. If it's made of barley and rice, at least I still have Crown Royal! Even if bud doesn't bother me, it's still doing damage from the barley.

Archived