This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anywhere To Donate gluten-free Food?

Rachel W

Rachel W Apprentice

I have quite a few boxes of brownie mix and cookie mix thats gluten free, I've stopped making them because they still give me GI upset..even gluten AND dairy free brands,and even though i will miss them so :( I am going to just do without and eat food i know i can handle..its just not worth feeling bad..

so I reallly dont want them to go to waste (hubby sure as heck wont eat them lol).. Does anybody know where i can donate them?? We have a local food bank and our church also has a food pantry but them being gluten-free i would like them to go to someone with celiac..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I would just take them to the food pantry. I volunteer at one and they do accept gluten free food. If they don't take it for some reason you could always do a 'free' ad in your local paper. Many papers will print those for nothing and you might meet another local celiac.

mommida Enthusiast

You could check with the nearest Angel Food Ministries location. (They sell an allergen free case.) The food could be donated specifically to a gluten free family.

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

I know there have been a couple people here who have said they're on a limited income, maybe one or a couple of them would be interested and you could work out a way to send it to them :).

Roda Rising Star

I know there have been a couple people here who have said they're on a limited income, maybe one or a couple of them would be interested and you could work out a way to send it to them :).

This is a great idea. I had some things that I donated to the local food bank over Christmas.

kareng Grand Master

We have kcfreecycle.com here. They have free cycle.coms in lots of cities. You post what you have and you can't charge money. If you don't want someone to come to your house to pick it up, you could arrange to meet at the library or shopping mall. I have given away boxes of packing peanuts, old dishes, old but working wager & dryer, old tv, etc.

Rachel W Apprentice

Do you know who they are??I wouldnt mind spending the $ to ship them even..I would be glad to :) I was once a broke college student with celiac,,when the others were happy and healthy living off Ramen noodles and fast food , i coulda used some donated food ! Well actually..i'm still broke, but now a broke person with a income lol

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

I have in the past sent gluten-free foods to starving college students from this forum. Another idea is do you have a nearby support group? I would think they would know of a needy gluten-free person as well. I know with in our group I give when others are able to share.....

blessings mamaw

RideAllWays Enthusiast

Broke Celiac student, that would be me. I picked up a gluten-free food bank package from my school, after a long chat about my allergies, and it was mostly those Uncle Ben's flavoured rice packets (every one contained wheat) and campbells tomato soup, second ingredient=wheat flour. I didn't have the heart to go back and ask for a trade, I'm sure they tried and I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

#1 weight-loss plan..become a student. Ugh.

Rachel W Apprentice

Broke Celiac student, that would be me. I picked up a gluten-free food bank package from my school, after a long chat about my allergies, and it was mostly those Uncle Ben's flavoured rice packets (every one contained wheat) and campbells tomato soup, second ingredient=wheat flour. I didn't have the heart to go back and ask for a trade, I'm sure they tried and I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

#1 weight-loss plan..become a student. Ugh.

Message me your address and i will send !!!! Glad 2 help another Celiac student AND fellow horse lover :)

Archived