Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booseebean

What If I Ignore It?

Jen, just curious.. . .. . ...are you on a pump?

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Hi Jen,

Yes, that makes sense. From what I read, hypoglycemia is often caused by diabetes medications. There are several members here with diabetes who can probably give you better advice then I can. Do you eat some protein when you get symptoms too? Just seems like that would help, but I am no expert.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

I have major issues with quick drops in my sugar levels & am also working on raising money for a diabetic service dog for help with my lows so I am always needing to keep my sugar as stable as possible & need to be able to get it up quickly & keep it up. Does that make sense?

You should read this post. This persons experience is not unusual. Following the diet doesn't make BS issues worse, it often helps them.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

You should read this post. This persons experience is not unusual. Following the diet doesn't make BS issues worse, it often helps them.

I read the post but she is a type 2 diabetic which means with proper diet & usually exercise type 2 diabetics can live with out the need for insulin. But I am insulin dependant, my body makes no insulin & will remain on it for the rest of my life.

Jen