jaknhk

Remedies For Allergic Reactions - Bloated Face?

Rate this topic

I am living with multiple food allergies...since going wheat free and beginning menopause - it seems like alot of foods bother me.

My reaction is fatigue, bloated face, bags under the eyes, gas and now exzema on my eyelids. I hate to go out with the bloated face...Does anyone have remedies to help with the symptoms?

I am living with multiple food allergies...since going wheat free and beginning menopause - it seems like alot of foods bother me.

My reaction is fatigue, bloated face, bags under the eyes, gas and now exzema on my eyelids. I hate to go out with the bloated face...Does anyone have remedies to help with the symptoms?

very interesting... i wonder if what you have on your eyelids was what i had a year ago- i still dont know what it was.. it came and went a couple of times... i thought excema, but then online i started suspecting a fungal infection. i also had a weird thing on my armpits for a bit. (this was all before i went gluten free).

but my DH came after going gluten free... so antibodies can stay active for awhile.

many would tell u to avoid dairy- it seems to be the #1 allergen in the world, and can cause skin issues too like gluten.

or additional food intolerance or allergies- wonder if you have any?

also- have u had your thyroid levels checked? and perhaps antibodies to Hashimoto's? my eyelids have been puffy for the last 7 years- thyroid conditions can place pressure on the face- especially behind the eyes

good luck

Sorry no clue but would love to hear if other have a remedy.

I am not aware of any other food allergies except to gluten.

I had bloating and bloated face symptoms too. I didn't realize it at the time, I just thought I was aging. But looking at photos just 2 years ago, I though I had aged a lot. I must look better now because I went to a boy scout function and one of the moms came up to me and made a point of telling me how good I looked. Had I lost weight? No, still same weight, I am just not bloated and puffy.

I would consult and allergist just to make sure if you should be carrying an epi-pen or not.

I've suddenly developed food allergies (not intolerances) as well. My doctor has prescribed an epipen because although my symptoms aren't life-threatening now, they can suddenly spin into anaphalaxis. For example, your puffy face could extend to a puffy throat and make it impossible to breathe. I use an eczema cream for the eczema and antihistamines for the sinus reactions. But for alleviating symptoms in general, I had to find the root cause and quit eating the offending foods. I know that tree nuts are a no-no. Now I'm on to the next food. I've narrowed it down and think it's sugar.

Can't give you a remedy except to find out the cause and stay away from it. You can get allergy testing - my tests gave false negatives - but a food journal is cheap and easy.

I've suddenly developed food allergies (not intolerances) as well. My doctor has prescribed an epipen because although my symptoms aren't life-threatening now, they can suddenly spin into anaphalaxis. For example, your puffy face could extend to a puffy throat and make it impossible to breathe. I use an eczema cream for the eczema and antihistamines for the sinus reactions. But for alleviating symptoms in general, I had to find the root cause and quit eating the offending foods. I know that tree nuts are a no-no. Now I'm on to the next food. I've narrowed it down and think it's sugar.

Can't give you a remedy except to find out the cause and stay away from it. You can get allergy testing...

I agree, puffy face is very concerning.

Yes, same for my son and I. We both have epi-pens. My son because of the things that he is allergic to. Not because of his reactions yet, but because they are allergies that tend to produce anaphylaxis and better safe than sorry, as the person above stated, things can suddenly change. We can also be having symptoms all along or that are progressing without realizing it. I have an epi-pen for a non-food allergy both because of the nature of the allergen and because of advancing reactions before DX. I didn't realize what was going on until my reactions became more advanced and I got tested and started educating myself. Now I can see that it was going on for years. Never had to use the epi yet but I have it and now know and can educate and advocate for myself to set it up so that I reduce my risk. My sis suddenly ended up in the ER with symptoms that seemed like anaphylaxis that progressed over a time period. Still sorting out what may have caused it. Many people report that testing was not helpful but for us it has been.

My son has eczema as well and we've been able to find the triggers and avoid them and keep it in remission rarely using the cream. Testing and dietary elimination and challenge and a food journal helped us in that process.