gflooser

Calcium Channel Blockers

Rate this topic

Right now I'm on cartia xt and I think it's glutening me. Is there any safe calcium channel blockers out there? Which do you use? Thanks a bunch!

Right now I'm on cartia xt and I think it's glutening me. Is there any safe calcium channel blockers out there? Which do you use? Thanks a bunch!

I took Norvasc and then the generic when it was available. I now take it as a part of Exforge which is a combo drug. I never had any problems with any of these formulations.

Is there any way you can call the drug company and find out if it contains gluten? I got nowhere with Walgreens when I tried to check on another drug.

I took Norvasc for years--it's definitely gluten-free. When my insurance company pharmacy switched me to the generic, I had a terrible allergic reaction.

I now take Lisinopril (not a Calcium Channel Blocker).

thanks guys. i did check with the company and the said they "didn't routinly check for gluten" but that the starch that was listed under ingredients was cornstarch. so again, another wishy washy answer :( why can we NEVER get a straight freaking answer from a company????

I took Norvasc for years--it's definitely gluten-free. When my insurance company pharmacy switched me to the generic, I had a terrible allergic reaction.

I now take Lisinopril (not a Calcium Channel Blocker).

I am also taking Norvasc since the summer. It took a month or so to adjust but I have had decent results so far. I switched to the generic and I made sure the generic company pharmacy dept checked for gluten and they told me it was gluten free. I can check the name of the generic company and post back again later.

as an aside, has anyone had any gum problems from Norvasc? I read in from several posts on the internet from people who were told by a Periodontist that they developed gingivitis from the norvasc. I noticed some gum and plaque buildup lately more than usual. a reddish appearance to the tartar/plaque (whichever it is!)

I am also taking Norvasc since the summer. It took a month or so to adjust but I have had decent results so far. I switched to the generic and I made sure the generic company pharmacy dept checked for gluten and they told me it was gluten free. I can check the name of the generic company and post back again later.

as an aside, has anyone had any gum problems from Norvasc? I read in from several posts on the internet from people who were told by a Periodontist that they developed gingivitis from the norvasc. I noticed some gum and plaque buildup lately more than usual. a reddish appearance to the tartar/plaque (whichever it is!)

hmmmm, i believe i was on norvasc at one point a few years ago. but i don't remember any tooth/gum problems. that would stink! good luck!

To clarify, the generic I took we definitely gluten-free--what I had was a true allergic reaction. My doctor said that the generic was close but not identical to the name brand.

When I was on Norvasc, the only side effect I had was puffy ankles. I don't recall any tooth/gum issues with it.