K8ling

Frustrated!

Rate this topic

Ok guys, I'm confused.

I am an AWESOME Celiac... I NEVER cheat, I never looked back once the diet started and I was diagnosed. Now that I am pregnant, though, my body is turning on it's head!

Like last time, I am still nauseous ALL THE TIME, to the point that I really don't want to leave the bathroom. But now I am craving things I absolutely cannot eat. Like tonight, I was so upset because I felt sick and suddenly I was starving and wanted Pizza Hut breadsticks. I haven't had those for YEARS and even if I could eat gluten I would get sick from all the grease...I eat so healthy that it would tear me up.

So, what am I going to do about this? I have 8 months to go... At this rate I'll never make it XD

Why can't ya crave pickles like normal preggers do??? :blink:

• Upvote 1

Have you tried King Arthur's gluten-free pizza recipe? It's the closest I have found to Pizza Hut dough. I bet it would make good bread sticks, just drizzle a little extra oil on the top of them and top with parmesan and garlic salt.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-pizza-crust-recipe

ETA: Also I'm sorry you're struggling. Praying you get past the morning sickness time soon.

• Upvote 1

Try eating more protein. Your body is trying to grow a baby and your need for protein is increased.

I find that I have really strong cravings for things that are not good for me usually only when I haven't been eating enough protein. (But then again I'm not pregnant, so take this with a grain of salt)

I think cravings are our bodies way of telling us it wants more nutrition.

Why don't we crave protein then? I don't know the answer to that one.

I hope you don't get nauseous from protein.

Anyway, that would be a simple thing to try.

Good luck

Hopefully those overwhelming cravings will pass with a few more weeks! It's truly amazing what our bodies want sometimes, isn't it? hang in there....wish I had more suggestions!

You'll probably just have to get creative in satisfying cravings unless you can just distract yourself! Maybe try focusing on the flavor of what you're craving. Like with the pizza hut breadsticks, besides all the grease, I remember a lot of parmesan cheese and italian seasoning. So maybe you could fix something that has those ingredients but isn't necessarily breadsticks.

Have you tried King Arthur's gluten-free pizza recipe? It's the closest I have found to Pizza Hut dough. I bet it would make good bread sticks, just drizzle a little extra oil on the top of them and top with parmesan and garlic salt.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-pizza-crust-recipe

ETA: Also I'm sorry you're struggling. Praying you get past the morning sickness time soon.

I think King Arthur brand has done an outstanding job with their gluten-free line of mixes. It is better than Betty Crocker, by far, and I think they are soy free also. At least the ones I have tried were.

I cannot offer any advice on the morning sickness, as I have never been pregnant, but I was severely nauseous for a whole year, pre-diagnosis. It was awful and I do not know how all the pregnant ladies deal with that. I admire your fortitude!

Oh man as soon as I can get the morning sickness under control I am making that breadstick recipe. I think it IS the salt and whatnot I am craving.

Well hopefully I'll be able to eat somewhat normally soon :)