nmthommy

Gluten Sensitivity Not Celiac

Rate this topic

I'm gluten sensitive NOT Celiac. Do I need to be concerned with small amounts of gluten? Cross contamination?

What's the difference between being sensitive and having Celiac?

I heard a doctor speak about this issue recently. He said that people with non-Celiac gluten intolerance usually do have a threshold of tolerance, such that they can eat some gluten (unlike celiacs). BUT there's nothing to prevent these people from developing celiac in the future.

How do you know you're not celiac? Did you have just the blood test, or the biopsy too? False negatives on the blood test isn't uncommon, which is why the biopsy is needed. My understanding is that the biopsy can also show false negatives (even if the person has been eating gluten), but its quite rare.

I had tests done at EnteroLab and it showed negative for the Celiac gene.

I had tests done at EnteroLab and it showed negative for the Celiac gene.

I don't carry the celiac associated genes either. So some doctors would thus call me gluten intolerant. If you think that is less serious read my signature.

I don't carry the celiac associated genes either. So some doctors would thus call me gluten intolerant. If you think that is less serious read my signature.

Wow, you've been through a lot. I have been really sick since 1/04 after a miscarriage. Tested positive for Epstein-Barr. I have had a hard time getting well and continue to have new symptoms. I found a great doctor that could tell what my issues were even though I had tested negative with blood tests.

I am greatful for her. She is literally saving my life.

she's Alexa Parker at Parker Wellness in the Sarasta/Bradenton Florida area.