jasonD2

Dammit!

Rate this topic

i wanted to take my girlfriend to her favorite Persian restaurant and it was looking promising. got a nice email from the manager who told me in detail what was gluten free. to double check i asked if all the marinades were gluten-free and he gave me the ingredients...garlic, olive oil, yogurt and SOY SAUCE. I also called the restaurant and asked someone about the gluten issue and they said nothing on the menu was gluten free. I was planning a nice dinner for her cause we got into a fight and wanted to make up by taking her there and now i cant :(

Order a salad and bring your own dressing.

Not all soy sauce has wheat in it. Some are gluten free. Unless you are avoiding soy too you may be able to eat there. You just have to find out if the soy sauce has wheat or not. Or do what pp suggested and get a salad with olive oil and vinegar.

Just because you can't eat a regular dinner there doesn't mean you can't take HER to eat there. That's part of a relationship - doing things that aren't nrcessarily "even" because it makes the other person happy.

• Upvote 2

I used to cook at a Middle Eastern restaurant that had a lot of stuff that would have been gluten free. In fact we catered to people with food allergies. I would go to the restaurant prepared to just have a salad but do look over the menu taking particular notice of the stuff that the manager said was safe. Then ask the waitress to ask the cook or if the place isn't real busy ask to talk directly to the cook. We made a meat dish called Kibbey that had pine nuts and onions, cabbage rolls and stuffed grape leaves, hummus with cut up fresh veggies instead of pita bread would be just a few examples.

I used to cook at a Middle Eastern restaurant that had a lot of stuff that would have been gluten free. In fact we catered to people with food allergies. I would go to the restaurant prepared to just have a salad but do look over the menu taking particular notice of the stuff that the manager said was safe. Then ask the waitress to ask the cook or if the place isn't real busy ask to talk directly to the cook. We made a meat dish called Kibbey that had pine nuts and onions, cabbage rolls and stuffed grape leaves, hummus with cut up fresh veggies instead of pita bread would be just a few examples.

Tonight we went to PF Chang and they had a gluten-free menu! I still feel good AND I went out to eat....cant believe it! Terri O

CHangs is great and i go when i am in a rush and need to eat something quick, but its fake food loaded with HFCS and not really healthy

CHangs is great and i go when i am in a rush and need to eat something quick, but its fake food loaded with HFCS and not really healthy

How do you know this?

If you have food allergies, watch out at PF Changs. I went there, specifically told them I could not eat fish / seafood. The waiter went to the kitchen and told me what I wanted to order did NOT have any type of seafood in it. Well, just a couple of hours later, I had an allergic reaction to the meal. Seems they use a lot of fish stock in cooking ! The meal was very tasty, though. I just paid for it later - needed LOTS of benedryl.