momofthree75

Looking Forward To A New Life!

Rate this topic

I don't have confirmation from a Dr. but I went gluten free in mid January. I'm tired of going back to the doctors and being told we don't know what's wrong with you your test are fine. Most all of my symptoms began aggressively 4 years ago after I had my daughter. My mother had severe IBS issues her whole life along with a list of other symptoms that were never diagnosed. I have a coworker who went gluten free and I saw the improvement in her so thought I would give it try. I believe I have other intolerances as well and will be checked for those next week. My most bothersome symptoms are shoulder/neck pain and tightness, IBS symptoms, anxiety/depression, vitamin d deficiency and anemia. When I asked my doctor about gluten intolerance she brushed it off and told me to cut down on my gluten intake. So frustrated! Anyway week 3 of gluten-free I found myself to be more energtic and having a clearer mind, but then I went right back to where I was. I'm trying to be very strict with my diet but it is a learning process. I'm hoping this new doctor will help me with other food intolerances. I'm only 34 but some days I feel so much older in regards to pain and fatigue. I'm hoping I'm on the right track here and will get my life back. Thanks for all the inspiration you give on this site.

I'm turning 29 in a week and a half, but feel MUCH older physically a lot of the time as well :( I'm a little over 4 weeks gluten-free, and on the weekend I felt amazing! Since I tried to reintroduce soy I haven't felt great, but I'm optimistic that it will return, and I applaud your optimism!

I hope this works out for you, and these boards are extremely helpful!

I like seeing your positive attitude! I feel ya, I'm 33 but feel much older

I'm 54 and feel like 90.... :lol:

Seriously, though, since going gluten-free, I am seeing a reduction in the 50+ horrible symptoms I have had for years. I KNEW this was what it was, but no one else seemed to agree. Misdiagnosed for YEARS. They were wrong.

The excruciating pain is the worst, but the hair loss, anxiety, weight loss, insomnia and severe brain fog...well, they suck pretty good, too. I have so many symptoms, you might not believe me, but among them--the VERY ones you have listed.

Tests are not always correct and doctors are often WRONG--what they know about celiac and gluten intolerancee would fit in a tiny paper cup...they are clueless. To tell you to "reduce your intake of gluten" is the same as telling you to reduce your intake of rat poison. :blink:

If gluten is making you ill, NO amount of gluten is good.

Do what YOU think is best. If you feel better after a few weeks without it, you have your answer!!

Hang in there!! Be your own best advocate!! :)

We've all been there and are here to help. I know I couldn't have done this without all these great people!! ;)

Thank you for the support. I am going today to see a different doc who will do sensitivity testing along with a detox program and try to figure out what supplements will help. I'm hoping I will be able to get back to my yoga and walking soon, I'm sure that will help some.

Thank you for the support. I am going today to see a different doc who will do sensitivity testing along with a detox program and try to figure out what supplements will help. I'm hoping I will be able to get back to my yoga and walking soon, I'm sure that will help some.

Good luck--and yes, walking and yoga will help!! Anything to keep things moving--detox the system. Keep us posted!!