jeslk

Dairy, Soy And Corn

Rate this topic

It has been recommended to me that I try and determine whether or not I also have allergies to dairy, soy and corn. But it isn't clear HOW to figure it out. One nutritionist suggested cutting them all out for several months and then reintroduce them one at a time. The gastro doc I saw said it isn't necessary at all, my pcp thinks it's a good idea but is concerned that because I don't show symptoms for gluten, I won't know with the other allergens either.

I'm SOOOOOO confused!! :(

Any advice?

Do you have any symptoms which may potentially be attributed to dairy, soy or corn?

Do you have any symptoms which may potentially be attributed to dairy, soy or corn?

As far as I know, I don't have any symptoms at all. But I do have celiac, even without the symptoms. And my oh-so-bad health history (see below) leaves me not wanting to take chances. But gluten-free is a big adjustment in and of itself, so I don't want to force myself to cut anything else out unnecessarily.

I would suggest that the only way to do this is to do the Enterolab stool testing which can be ordered online, or are there tests your physician can order which would be covered by your insurance. Obviously, measuring dietary response would be an exercise in futility. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I would suggest that the only way to do this is to do the Enterolab stool testing which can be ordered online, or are there tests your physician can order which would be covered by your insurance. Obviously, measuring dietary response would be an exercise in futility. :unsure:

Thanks - never heard of that. Will ask doctor about it tomorrow.

The Dr. probably won't know about it. They are online though. And a lot of people here have used them for food sensitivities and gluten intolerance. They can test for several things. Good luck

The Dr. probably won't know about it. They are online though. And a lot of people here have used them for food sensitivities and gluten intolerance. They can test for several things. Good luck

Actually, he did know about it. He's a great integrative physician and is the one who discovered the celiac even though I wasn't complaining of symptoms. He suggested waiting, though - said that until my blood tests for the celiac get to negative, it will be hard to tell what's causing what. So the plan is to revisit the idea in about 6-9 months.

Oh my God! You have got one very smart Dr.!! Why can't I ever find one of those? I'm very impressed that he diagnosed you! And knew about Enterolab! Wow!

Oh my God! You have got one very smart Dr.!! Why can't I ever find one of those? I'm very impressed that he diagnosed you! And knew about Enterolab! Wow!

I 2nd that,,,, wish I could find one of those!!

I 2nd that,,,, wish I could find one of those!!

He's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. In fact, I trust him with my celiac issues more than the GI . . . they aren't always easy to find, but if you can find an integrative and/or "functional" medicine doctor - DO IT.