raeskids

2 Mos Gluten Free -- Symptoms Return -- Help

Rate this topic

Samuel has been gluten free since January 20. Until March 10, he seemed to be doing really well. We went out to eat for my husband's birthday and I ordered some food from the gluten free menu for myself and gave him some -- there must have been some cross-contamination.

His bowel movements are terrible. He's got a diaper rash that bleeds, and I've seen blood in his stool. His stool is gritty, like sand with dark flecks. (Sorry, I know this is tmi, but I also know you guys understand and help.)

How long till this works its way out?

Samuel was classified as having severe Celiac Disease and had a bought of Celiac Crisis back in January that landed him in the hospital for around 7days.

Also, he's still not gained any weight. He hasn't lost any either (which is really good since they were considering feeding him with an iv for a while.) He does have much more energy, but still sleeps a great deal. Let's see -- 12 hours at night, and then a 3hour nap and another 1-2 hour nap. He's 18months.

Thanks for the advice and help!

It sounds like you are going to have to be extremely careful what you feed Samuel - poor wee guy is so sensitive :unsure: It sounds like eating out is too risky for him right now; if you do eat out you will need to take some food from home for him. You need to get him healed up really well at home on whole foods. What has he been eating and what does he seem to tolerate well?

Forgive me if I don't recall what kind of supplements you have him on and if they have given him any treatment regime. Could you remind us please?

Poor little guy!!

All the sleeping is probably good for him. All the trama his little body has been through. He's probably just catching up. The body heals and babies grow when sleeping.