Newtoitall

Sugar Sensitive?

Rate this topic

so I heard from my mom that this lady at the place we get the bread from Is celiac, BUT she also is Casein free and sugar sensitive, I don't know if it's just fructose malabsorbtion or is there such a thing as celiacs just developing a sensitivity to sugar, because I can't seem to digest Sweetarts, which are supposed to be a FM suffer's friend, as they are made of glucose not fructose.

just wondering if anyone has any experience with general sugar sensitivity, like getting gas, bloating general discomfort/ pretty sure it gives headaches and dizzyness to o.o

Not sure if this will help, but I can sometimes tell a difference when I have too much sugar. I am a southern girl, which means sweet tea, so I call definitely tell a difference when I have too much tea and sweets. I try to stay away from it, but it is hard to resist.

Hope that helps!

My husband has to watch the amount of sugar he eats. He can't have a bunch of sweets, a soda, ect all together or he has digestion issues.

Yes, many celiacs have a reaction to sugar. I have a slight reaction so I avoid it. According to Cyrex Labs, Celiacs can have "cross-reactions" with a number of gluten-free foods, most often coffee, soy, corn, chocolate, sugar, etc.