Cheryl_C

Pc Whole-Grain Dijon?

Rate this topic

Hi folks,

Need a quick answer here! Does anyone know if PC whole grain dijon mustard is gluten-free? I couldn't find any info on it that was definite, and as it's not my mustard (it's my aunt's, we have a family dinner on Sunday) they called to check. They read the ingredients, and everything sounded ok except the "natural flavours."

Can anyone say one way or the other?

I have suspected this product in the past as the cause of a minor glutening. I do not know for sure - President's Choice is not very user friendly. In fact, I have pretty much given up on all their brands since they do not like to disclose gluten (they want you to call every time, I'll stick to brands I know, thanks).

This is very frustrating because our Extra Foods became a No Frills - a little less store space, low prices BUT they overwhelm with their brands - pushing out the mainstream ones, which really limits choices. Fortunately, we have a Safeway and, while pricier, they carry quite a bit gluten-free product & have gluten-free lists for their own brand.

Hi folks,

Need a quick answer here! Does anyone know if PC whole grain dijon mustard is gluten-free? I couldn't find any info on it that was definite, and as it's not my mustard (it's my aunt's, we have a family dinner on Sunday) they called to check. They read the ingredients, and everything sounded ok except the "natural flavours."

Can anyone say one way or the other?

I contacted them and they assured me it is indeed safe. Usually I like to make my own mustard but happened to have this product on hand.

Thanks for the input you two. I didn't make it to the family party as I got glutened yesterday (my own fault, really) but it's good to know for the future.

Northern Elf - I've had the same experience with other PC items. You have to call with the code number, and even then it's kind of vague. It's too bad, because before I went gluten-free, I really liked a lot of PC items. Now the risk just isn't worth it. I shop at No Frills because it's close and affordable, but there are still some items I'll get at Wal-Mart or Highland Farms, because No Frills doesn't carry everything.

Anyone else think it's time to open up a gluten-free grocery store? :P