WinterSong

Is My Tupperware Okay?

Rate this topic

I've gone through my kitchen and have gotten rid of a bunch of pre-diagnosis cooking supplies. Among them, I threw out a bunch of tupperware containers that had scratches on the bottom. My question:

I've had a set of ziplock tupperware for about a year now. They were only used for when I made pasta sauce. I'd make a big batch and store a bunch in the freezer. I'm not sure if the sausage I used was gluten free, but the only other time when I know for sure it had gluten in it was the last batch I made which had meatballs with bread crumbs in it. There aren't a lot of scratches on these, but there are some white particles stuck to the side that I'm having a hard time cleaning off.

Do you think these containers are safe to use? Or would it be better to toss them?

I'm really careful so my opinion is if you heated in the microwave & the sides are rough from the food & in the micro I would donate them to a gluten person & get new. For me its not worth getting a gluten-free family member sick over a plastic bowl. Plastic is so easily scratched...

Hi JessicaNYC, sorry to say I tried to use my tupperware and after the third time having a reaction I chunked them and got some new ones.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think I'll give them to a friend. I'm only using one right now - it has my xanthan gum in it, but the powder is inside a plastic bag and not touching the tupperware. That should be okay right?

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think I'll give them to a friend. I'm only using one right now - it has my xanthan gum in it, but the powder is inside a plastic bag and not touching the tupperware. That should be okay right?

That is fine.