Chad Sines

Fast/portable/no Cooking

Rate this topic

I have found Dinty Moore and some other gluten-free soups to be great tasting gluten-free lunches (and dairy and soy free too). They have been a life saver as the bring normalcy to lunch. What about portable, prepared breakfast options? I rarely have time in the morning to cook so something that is available at the store without the need to cook is something I am looking for. I used to use gluten-free protein shakes but the milk and soy seemed to get me bad.

How about making a bunch of hard-boiled eggs on the weekend to be able to use during the week. You could also have cereal (like Chex) and rice milk (not Rice Dream), almond milk or one of the other dairy-free milks. I'm sure you'll get a lot more ideas than that but those are the things that immediately came to mind. And there's nothing wrong with eating leftovers from dinner for breakfast either.

ETA: Or make your protein shakes with one of the dairy-free milks.

Edited by sa1937

Not pre-prepared, but good and quick. Udi's sandwich bread toasted with peanut butter and/or jelly or Nutella, bananas, apples and peanut butter, rice cake with peanut butter or other nut butter, grits with cheese, gluten free oatmeal, ...

Grab a container of chopped mixed fruits from the store (like TJ's has)

Not pre-prepared, but good and quick. Udi's sandwich bread toasted with peanut butter and/or jelly or Nutella, bananas, apples and peanut butter, rice cake with peanut butter or other nut butter, grits with cheese, gluten free oatmeal, ...

I like the hard boiled egg idea and the sandwich one too.

I forgot to ask, are your protein shakes soy-free? If so, you could still have them with a non-dairy milk.

With the hard boiled eggs, you could also pick up some ham or other coldcuts (like Hormel or Oscar Mayer) to go with them. They come already packaged so no CC from the deli.

Also Nature Valley (General Mills) has Almond Crunch Bars, as well as Peanut Crunch Bars marked gluten-free. They come 6 bars to a package and I keep one in my purse so I'm not never without something to eat. And then there are a number of different varieties of Kind Bars, which are good (check the labels for any ingredients you might not be able to have). Larabars are another possibility although personally I'm not very fond of them.