CeliacMom2008

Let's Do Sprinklez - Barley Grass Ingredient

Rate this topic

I bought a case of Let's Do Sprinklez from amazon because I couldn't find any sprinkles I was comfortable with. They just came and I noticed they have barley grass powder. I know barley grass is technically gluten-free because the protein is in the grain, but the risk of cross contamination seems really high. Does anyone use these??

I never heard of them before but would not feel comfortable using them.

I have *no idea* why they would want to or think to use barley grass powder. Weirdos.

I have *no idea* why they would want to or think to use barley grass powder. Weirdos.

Eloquentlly said! I concur!

I know! I'm so irritated - one with myself for not checking the label before shelling out $17 for stupid sprikles. It was a late night purchase. Kiddo's birthday is coming up and I'm making cake pops. I really wanted to decorate them with sprinkles. I kept looking locally for just one package. Then late one night I decided to just buy them. I figured they'd keep forever and I could actually use them for Christmas cookies, cupcakes, etc. GRRRR!!! What a stupid waste of money! WHY would you do that?? The stupid things are practically white anyway for any color they might have added why bother! Again, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :angry:

I know! I'm so irritated - one with myself for not checking the label before shelling out $17 for stupid sprikles. It was a late night purchase. Kiddo's birthday is coming up and I'm making cake pops. I really wanted to decorate them with sprinkles. I kept looking locally for just one package. Then late one night I decided to just buy them. I figured they'd keep forever and I could actually use them for Christmas cookies, cupcakes, etc. GRRRR!!! What a stupid waste of money! WHY would you do that?? The stupid things are practically white anyway for any color they might have added why bother! Again, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :angry:

Is there any way you can return them? If not you could donate them to a food pantry and if you itemize your taxes you could deduct them.

OK, these sprinkles have become the joke of our house. I keep walking past them in the kitchen and huffing. I didn't realize I was doing it until my hubby said, "You should just move them somewhere else." I agreed, but didn't do anything about them. Now they've disappeared. I have no idea where they went and I'm not going to try to find them!

Ravenwoodglass - good suggestion! I also thought about giving them to a couple friends who are into organic food but don't need gluten-free.

Stupid, ugly, barley grass, sprinkles!