This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Hospital Called And My Biopsy Is Booked Yay

Meg123

Meg123 Explorer

Following on from my last thread after seeing the Gi, on Wed, I said that Dr wanted me in for his next theatre day which is Wednesday week (was two weeks from my last appointment) but his schedule was booked and so I was going to have to wait 6 weeks since he was going on holiday.

Well, the Gi Dr told them to reschedule, :D:D and told them to book me in and so I'm in on Wed week. So relieved.

It's so expensive though, since I'm having to go Private and don't have hospital insurance (got other insurance, just not hospital) (different health system here in Aus) I could have gone public if I wanted to and it would have been free of charge, but I couldn't wait 8 to 18 months. But my lovely mother is loaning me the money and I'll pay her back.

I hope something comes of it, seems like a huge gamble or something doesn't it....

I'm not terribly nervous about it. Should I be? Is it bad?

It's just the endoscopy / 6 biopsys. I'm not good with anaesthesia, but never had twilight sedation. I hope it's not terrible. Do you have to drink any special solution or preparation? or is it just fasting?

I've convinced myself it's going to be negative now as in I don't even have it :rolleyes: , but last week I was convinced I had it. :blink: do I, or don't I, do I or don't I. Will it be a false negative? blah blah blah. Head insane, even dreaming about it, boring everyone in my life about it....

Glad it's going to be over one way or another.

Husband is upset about the money, and thinks I should just be gluten free and be done with it. I feel guilty about insisting on having it, but I feel I have to. I mean if it's not celiac disease, then they maybe they'll find what else is causing the malabsoption at least or the + ttg. If I don't do it now then I'll always wonder what they would have found, and not want to damage myself in the future.

So i feel a combination of happy it's nearly here, and guilty for spending so much money on myself.

Either way, it'll be behind me soon YAY, and I can move forward to a healthier me hopefully. Been so sick for so long, just want to be able to walk my children to and from school. I'm not reaching for the stars or anything.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

2johndeereboys Explorer

that is great news! I am so happy for you! I go for a EGD/Biopsy/Colonoscopy on Thursday. I am a bit nervous and apprehensive mostly about the colonoscopy (the prep mainly :unsure: ) but I know it will be fine and hopefully I will get some answers good, bad or inconclusive!

I know how you feel about spending all that money on yourself. The surgery center called me yesterday and I am responsible for about $600 of it.

WIshing you the best!!

:D

mushroom Proficient

I'm glad the doc was able to squeeze you in :) Believe me, the worst part of it is the worry you are putting yourself through. It is really a simple procedure and with the twilight sedation you will not remember any of it. When you come to you will asking "When are they going to do it?" :lol: I do hope you get some definitive answers.

Meg123 Explorer

Thanks Neroli, me too. I just hope it's accurate, either a true negative or positive.

Lisa, mine is costing us $1300 Australian :( , just thinking of it is enough to make me sick.....

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Glad they were able to get you in sooner. The day of the biopsy you can go ahead and get on the diet. You don't need to wait on the results. If you had a positive blood test you need the diet no matter what the biopsy results are. I also hope you get a clear answer but do keep in mind that damage can be patchy and a damaged place can be missed.

I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Archived