sandiego88

Can A Long Term Undiagnosed Wheat Allergy Cause Severe Nausea And Vomiting?

Rate this topic

Is there anyoe here that has bee so sick thay they were nauseas 24/7 and vommited multiple times per day? and was wheat the culprit?

Interested to hear stories.

Yes, in my case. I was nauseaus every single day, day in/day out. I woke up every morning heaving and my dear BF would bring me a half a piece of whole wheat toast after about an hour and tell me I had to eat something.

I've kidded him that he had been poisoning me with good intentions. I only scored a "2" on skin prick testing with wheat, so I have wheat intolerance.

The way I found out is I went on clear liquids for 24 hours, then added bananas, apples and rice. The nausea (and D) stopped. (If you want to try this, make sure anything you consume during the liquid diet is wheat free, like chicken broth or teas.) If you can make your own, that's best.

A day or two later I had 1/2 piece of toast and the symptoms returned like a hurricane. That was my waa laa moment.

I forgot to say that I am not nauseas any more (thankfully, cheerfully), but if I get the slightest bit of gluten in something I eat, nausea rears it's ugly head again. So I rarely eat out, or eat something prepared by somebody else.

I had nausea daily and intermittent vomiting.

I was told to eat soda crackers for the nausea.

I was poisoning myself.

Migraine or should I say...My Grain Headaches followed so I always thought it was the flu.

It wasn't. Now I have none of these symptoms except when I get traces of gluten.