Hopeful1950

Another Location ?!

Rate this topic

I recently had a breakout. Just a few blisters in a couple of places, but one alarming new place.

Has anyone ever gotten a breakout on their genital area?

I went to the gynecologist and she ruled out everything else and said the thinks it is probably DH.

This is really disturbing, not to mention extremely uncomfotable. Why did I think this area was safe? :o

If anyone has had this experience, any suggestions for relief would be much appreciated.

I get spots absolutely everywhere. Nothing is sacred :/

Yea that is to me the most uncomfortable place for the breakouts. It is not like we can scratch there when it itches. :(

I found cool compresses to be the most helpful when that happens. I also stopped using scented panty liners for that reason as I seemed to get blisters from some of them.

I have to watch out for any G containg (paper) products, even one placed "down there"!

One might think a paper product would be safe but apparantly not, as I broke out all over from changing dryer sheets recently...made by the following co...

Here is a quote from their manufacturers site:

Our(maxi) pads are made of a combination of absorbent materials, polyolefins, adhesives, and a silicone-coated paper. The top layer is a non-woven polyolefin cover sheet. The absorbent materials consist of chlorine free wood pulp, and Lysorb, an absorbent gel. Lysorb, also known as SNAP (super absorbent natural polymer), is a polysaccharide derived from wheat. Polysaccharides are complex sugars found in many natural substances, like the fibers of cotton, wood, and wheat.

I don't care who says G can't be absorbed thru the skin. I know I have Celiac and DH, and I can't be in the same ZIPCODE as gluten. :angry:

I have to watch out for any G containg (paper) products, even one placed "down there"!

One might think a paper product would be safe but apparantly not, as I broke out all over from changing dryer sheets recently...made by the following co...

Here is a quote from their manufacturers site:

Our(maxi) pads are made of a combination of absorbent materials, polyolefins, adhesives, and a silicone-coated paper. The top layer is a non-woven polyolefin cover sheet. The absorbent materials consist of chlorine free wood pulp, and Lysorb, an absorbent gel. Lysorb, also known as SNAP (super absorbent natural polymer), is a polysaccharide derived from wheat. Polysaccharides are complex sugars found in many natural substances, like the fibers of cotton, wood, and wheat.

I don't care who says G can't be absorbed thru the skin. I know I have Celiac and DH, and I can't be in the same ZIPCODE as gluten. :angry:

That's so crazy! I used to get really itchy from using pads, I started using cloth pads about a year ago and they don't make me itchy at all. Kinda makes me wonder! Thanks for sharing :)

OH YEAH! I have it from front to back. What's worse is I have a chronic cough (diagnosed as asthma, not so sure now)and a very weak bladder. Imagine peeing on yourself every few minutes and now I'm finding the reason it's so bad down there is because of the PADS!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! It literally hurts to use the bathroom. Can this get any worse?

I'm embarrassed to go to my OBGYN! And I'm not gonna let my Derm look at my girlie parts. I won't even let my husband look. HELL, I DON"T WANNA LOOK MYSELF!!!!!

Is GOD trying me? I have contemplated suicide in the past, but I have a 10 yr old daughter and I would NEVER leave her!

I was self diagnosed a few days ago. Decided to use a flush from the health foods and stay away from G as best I can.

Looking back, I think I've had this since I was about 13. I'm now 40 and just figuring it out. My Derm diagnosed me with DH a few years ago but she didn't explain it. Went home, googled it and saw that it mentioned iodine, which is in all shellfish and I knew I was allergic to that, so I fugured I would stay away from seafood. NOT WORKING! A few nights ago it was so bad, I got up and googled the DH again and read in depth. A lightbulb went off when I found this site.

So many of my symptoms matched the test.

Two miscarriages in the past 8 month, gas (all my life), DH, fatigue, irritability (who wouldn't be?), constipation and unexplained sudden bouts of joint pain.

There should be laws demanding gluten be labeled as such!

Good luck to you. Please wish me luck too.

Sorry to hear you have it down there Schelbo. My suspected DH (supposed to have it biopsied but doubting my strength to purposely gluten myself) is under my arms - so my lymph glands swell, i get pit b/o when the scans form, I can't wear a bra without aggravating it and causing pain...and since I'm a D cup that limits my life quite a bit during flares.

Do you notice that friction aggravates your DH? I've just gotten to the point where I know what it is and got it into remission and then accidentally glutened myself...so I haven't been able to test the friction theory.