Meg123

Biopsy Results In Already

Rate this topic

Well it came back negative :( I'm upset with myself for spending so much money on something I knew had a significant chance of coming back negative even if it was positive....

I don't have any of the other conditions that cause the raised tTG, and it's going up slowly, so I'm taking it as celiac disease, like you've all been telling me over the past months :rolleyes:;) I just wondered if early osteo arthritis might cause the raised ttg, but apparently it's the autoimmune one which can cause that, which i def dont have.

So I have an appointment with Dr on Monday to take one last base blood test and then I'm gluten free strict strict strict for at least 8 months. Then I'll do a repeat blood test to satisfy my own curiosity. But I'll commit to 8 months. I hope to feel a lot better soon too :)

Thanks for all the advice and support, sorry I've been such a pain with all the waiting etc My husband doesn't want to hear about it anymore, I guess I've been unbearable..

My husband doesn't want to hear about it anymore, I guess I've been unbearable..

For what it's worth Meg, I suspect I am unbearable too. I guess when you feel so ill, it's hard to think of anything else, and it's hard to walk around happy and smiling when you are in constant pain and worried about what on earth is wrong with you. It is hard.

Good luck with the gluten free diet, and I really really hope that you feel better soon.

Will you be undergoing further testing to rule out other causes?

For what it's worth Meg, I suspect I am unbearable too. I guess when you feel so ill, it's hard to think of anything else, and it's hard to walk around happy and smiling when you are in constant pain and worried about what on earth is wrong with you. It is hard.

Good luck with the gluten free diet, and I really really hope that you feel better soon.

Will you be undergoing further testing to rule out other causes?

Thanks Hawthorn :)

Yeah it is hard, and is especially distressing when you have young children who need and deserve a lot more of me than I have given them / have been able to give them...

No, I'm not going to pursue anything else just yet. Over the years, I've spent a fortune on this, that and everything else. I've had so many tests, scans etc etc and its always a case of back to the drawing board. But I cannot deny, I felt better gluten free, except, like I said in your thread, that I still wasn't quite quite right, but would have still been having traces for sure.

The other thing is that they recently discovered that I'm Insulin Resistant. When I am gluten free, I will be able to better fine tune the dose for that medication, and I'm hoping that between having my insulin resistance sorted, eating low GI and gluten free, that I'll lose weight etc and still hoping to feel better. IF in 8 months my tTG hasnt gone down then maybe I'll push to find out what other autoimmune disease I have(???) but that's the immediate plan ;)

The osteoarthritis may be linked to celiac and hopefully the pain will be relieved after you have been on the diet for a bit. Do your pre and post meal checks for your blood sugar. After you have healed you may find that you are not insulin resistant any longer. Can't say for sure but since I was diagnosed when glutened as diabetic I decided to wait on meds and went with low GI index foods and blood sugar testing and found that it was that glutening that made me appear to be diabetic. It may not be the case for you but hopefully you will stablize as your body heals. Do make sure to check any meds they have given you to be sure they are gluten free.

The osteoarthritis may be linked to celiac and hopefully the pain will be relieved after you have been on the diet for a bit. Do your pre and post meal checks for your blood sugar. After you have healed you may find that you are not insulin resistant any longer. Can't say for sure but since I was diagnosed when glutened as diabetic I decided to wait on meds and went with low GI index foods and blood sugar testing and found that it was that glutening that made me appear to be diabetic. It may not be the case for you but hopefully you will stablize as your body heals. Do make sure to check any meds they have given you to be sure they are gluten free.

Thanks Ravenwoodglass, for all your help and advice over the past months. I always look forward to your posts :)

Well it came back negative :( I'm upset with myself for spending so much money on something I knew had a significant chance of coming back negative even if it was positive....

I don't have any of the other conditions that cause the raised tTG, and it's going up slowly, so I'm taking it as celiac disease, like you've all been telling me over the past months :rolleyes:;) I just wondered if early osteo arthritis might cause the raised ttg, but apparently it's the autoimmune one which can cause that, which i def dont have.

So I have an appointment with Dr on Monday to take one last base blood test and then I'm gluten free strict strict strict for at least 8 months. Then I'll do a repeat blood test to satisfy my own curiosity. But I'll commit to 8 months. I hope to feel a lot better soon too :)

Thanks for all the advice and support, sorry I've been such a pain with all the waiting etc My husband doesn't want to hear about it anymore, I guess I've been unbearable..

You've really been through a lot lately so take the time to heal, mentally and physically. Remember, too, that only 39% of all biopsies are done correctly and there are lots of false negatives. Do you know perchance how many biopsies were taken? Apparently at least 8-11 are needed for accuracy.

Regardless, you know yourself far better than anyone else and if going off gluten makes you feel much better you know precisely what to do! :D