Harpgirl

Figures...

Rate this topic

My hubby likes Arby's and wanted to go there for lunch. Well it's father's day, so... They have salads there which appear to be gluten free, but I'm not sure how safe it is. I thought I'd try it (mostly to prove a point to both him and myself), and if I had a reaction, I'd know not to trust a kitchen that's not my own. Turns out I didn't have to worry so much about their kitchen, but had to worry more about my hubby! We each got a cup of water, and the first sip I took of mine, I noticed that the straw tasted sweet. :blink: He had just eaten a turnover then accidentally sipped my water instead of his own! At least both our boys are down for the afternoon so I can deal with the cramping. :rolleyes:

Hope for the best--perhaps nothing will come of it...or has it already started??

sorry, hon. Hope it passes quickly.

Hope for the best--perhaps nothing will come of it...or has it already started??

sorry, hon. Hope it passes quickly.

Thanks :) Already started, but not as bad as if I'd eaten the turnover myself. :lol: It's tolerable, but annoying.

Lesson learned for the hubby!! Be careful!!! :)

Lesson learned for the hubby!! Be careful!!! :)

:lol: I hope he learned it! He's the sort of person who's always in a terrible hurry. When he walks, he never strolls, he goes straight on green and makes a u-turn instead of waiting at a red left turn...etc. We even ate that meal in the car. Because he's always in a rush, he doesn't always pay attention to little details, like which cup is really his. :rolleyes:

hmm... ;) Sounds like hubby needs to acquire some relaxation techniques. What's the rush?? :blink:

Part of what got me into health trouble was stressing, hurrying, not paying attention to what was going on in my body. I had so many things wrong,yet I ignored them and "put up with them" because I "had to get things done RIGHT now!! so-and- so needs me, I HAVE to do this NOW, blah blah blah"

.... ARRGH!... rush, rush, rush.......I'm just sayin.

I worry about my niece, nephew, step-daughter..they are so BUSY, yet often ill, stressed-out, feel lousy.

I was the same way at your age and then, my whole body broke down and I am trying to REVERSE all that to get my health back.

You guys are still young and can stop/avoid health issues from getting out of control. Take it s-l-o-w!! B) chill out. :)

The tortoise won the race, remember :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gosh, I sound like some "wise old woman"..I'm not all that sage, really --and THAT old either....just "experienced" :lol: .... hahaha

Hope those crumbs didn't bite you on the behind. Are you okay today??

hmm... ;) Sounds like hubby needs to acquire some relaxation techniques. What's the rush?? :blink:

Part of what got me into health trouble was stressing, hurrying, not paying attention to what was going on in my body. I had so many things wrong,yet I ignored them and "put up with them" because I "had to get things done RIGHT now!! so-and- so needs me, I HAVE to do this NOW, blah blah blah"

.... ARRGH!... rush, rush, rush.......I'm just sayin.

I worry about my niece, nephew, step-daughter..they are so BUSY, yet often ill, stressed-out, feel lousy.

I was the same way at your age and then, my whole body broke down and I am trying to REVERSE all that to get my health back.

You guys are still young and can stop/avoid health issues from getting out of control. Take it s-l-o-w!! B) chill out. :)

The tortoise won the race, remember :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gosh, I sound like some "wise old woman"..I'm not all that sage, really --and THAT old either....just "experienced" :lol: .... hahaha

Hope those crumbs didn't bite you on the behind. Are you okay today??

:lol: Thanks for the "experience" :D I actually am generally a mellow person. I guess opposites attract though, and since I've been married (though I very much love my husband), a few of his bad "rushing" habits have rubbed off over the last 9 years. I'm currently being treated (not with meds) for mild anxiety/depression and OCD tendencies. But as I look farther into this gluten free lifestyle, I think that will also help me quite a lot too. :)

I've started taking yoga at the Y. Maybe I can talk my hubby into joining me for a Saturday class sometimes. ;)

And I'm doing ok. Still feeling run down and a little crampy but better than yesterday. :P

You may well see that OCD and anxiety/depression disappear gluten-free...they are often caused by vitamin/mineral deficiencies from gut malabsorption!! I developed horrid anxiety (when sick from celiac)and never had it in my life--and it has virtually disappeared.

That was awful! I cannot do meds either. I took some yoga classes and try to meditate, but it's hard with a buzzing head from gluten. :blink: it's easier now (gluten-free 6 months)

Hang in there honey--and anything you can do to relax, it sure helps!

You may well see that OCD and anxiety/depression disappear gluten-free...they are often caused by vitamin/mineral deficiencies from gut malabsorption!! I developed horrid anxiety (when sick from celiac)and never had it in my life--and it has virtually disappeared.

That was awful! I cannot do meds either. I took some yoga classes and try to meditate, but it's hard with a buzzing head from gluten. :blink: it's easier now (gluten-free 6 months)

Hang in there honey--and anything you can do to relax, it sure helps!

Thanks :) I sure hope the gluten free takes care of that. Sometimes, I get too frustrated with my 3 year old, then feel guilty when I overreact. It'll be nice when I can keep my cool almost all the time like I use to. B)

My hubby was still in disbelief yesterday over how such a small particle of gluten could make me react like that. But I think he got the message last night when I was too crampy and waaaay to fatigued for hanky panky! :P

I'm feeling much better this morning. :)

My hubby was still in disbelief yesterday over how such a small particle of gluten could make me react like that. But I think he got the message last night when I was too crampy and waaaay to fatigued for hanky panky! :P

I'm feeling much better this morning. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

glad you're okay!