fairydust81

Positive Coeliac Bloods

Rate this topic

So I'm guessing then that the likelihood is I do have coeliac and this awful 11year old rash is the associated DH?

Found out today (unofficially as I work in the building where the labs are based) that my coeliac bloods are highly positive :-(

Feeling somewhat elated that after 11 years I have an aswer but then downhearted that after my biopsy in two weeks I'm facing a huge lifestyle change with regards to what I eat, how I cook etc....scary

The diet and lifestyle do take some getting used to but it is so worth it to feel so much better. Since you are waiting until after your biopsy is done to start the diet read as much here as you can to prep yourself for the biopsy day as you can go gluten free the day the procedure is done. You don't need to wait for the results as with positive bloods you need the diet no matter what the biopsy results are. We are here to answer any questions you may have.

I had this rash too.

The diet is not very hard, but one ends up cooking and baking more than before.

The worst part is eating out.

One really has to talk to the waiters or cooks or the people who made food, if you visit relatives or friends, and get them to tell you what they used. Best if they understand how strict the diet must be (no cc either) but that is doable too.

My daughters bloods were very high too (she's 9). She was diagnosed on 7th June and biopsy will be 5th July. As her results are so high in blood, meds are sure biopsy will be positive. So next week is her last week of being a 'gluten'. I'm so desperate to get her off it now as she's so ill, but I don't want to mess up the biopsy.

Our household will either be completely gluten free or mostly gluten free. It's a whole new world for all of us and it is scary when you think about it. I felt the same way about having to take tablets for the rest of my life for an underactive thryroid. It freaked me out :(