obaketenshi

Feeling Much Better!

Rate this topic

So its a little over a week since I started on the gluten free thing, and except for an accidental glutening, I feel FANTASTIC. It's hard to describe exactly, but the gastrointestinal problems resolved first. It's like being in pain so long you tune it out, and suddenly the pain is gone. And it feels like a weight has been lifted. My mind is clearer, it no longer feels like I'm digesting rocks, no more diarrhea! I am even happier in mood. I want to know if this is temporary, or if I'll continue to feel this good? I hope it stays, because it makes it WAY easier for me to deal with because the change is so profound. I wouldn't like to give this up now that I know what "good" feels like! Did it last for you?

Though there is one thing that makes me think maybe it's not celiac, but a wheat allergy. I don't make a huge distinction between the two, because the remedy is more or less the same thing, even though the internal cause is different. However, I have these freezer cups, the kind that have water in the walls and it freezes up, made of textured plastic. I was drinking water out of one, and got tingly lips! I thought it was strange, but it didn't go away until hours after I stopped drinking the water out of the cup. So I think they have contaminated rims. So is this more of an allergy reaction, or more of the super sensitivity I've developed from being off gluten?

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yay!

With regard to the cups, are these reusable cups or was it a new cup? Reusable could have been cc'd; brand new, I would very much doubt that there was any gluten there. Is tingly lips one of your symptoms?

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Yes, it can stay! I was good for four years until my thyroid acted up and I think maybe it's sorted again.

I have a bit of a wheat allergy along with the celiac-style reactions. I've gotten oral allergy tingle/itch from gluten and it's set off my asthma in the past.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yay!

With regard to the cups, are these reusable cups or was it a new cup? Reusable could have been cc'd; brand new, I would very much doubt that there was any gluten there. Is tingly lips one of your symptoms?

Reusable, they're actually rather old, and instead of washing them in the dishwasher I'd just wipe them down and refreeze them, so the rims were pretty heavily contaminated. Tingly lips are sometimes a symptom, I have a rash that sort of flares up around my mouth too.