vanik

Starting Fertility Treatments?

Rate this topic

My husband and I plan to start our fertility treatments (clomid + IUI) next cycle. I havent been strict about being gluten free and my stomach has been bothering me. We have an appt with our OB on friday and I think i should ask to have my celiac tested again to see how bad it is. Depending on the result, should we cancel next cycle?

If my celiac is untreated, what are the chances of still getting pregnant?

What are the risks?

It is really hard to guesstimate. Your chances of getting pregnant or carrying the child to term are certainly decreased greatly by eating gluten. There is not much point in getting fertility treatment if you are unable to carry the child to term due to gluten consumption. If you need fertility treatment your reproductive system may be on the more sensitive side to gluten. If it were me I would save my money and go gluten free if I wanted a child.

We were on infertility treatment for two years ( IUI, Femara, Injectibles and even clomid) nothing worked. :( I have perfect eggs and a good candidate for IVF, we didnt do IVF coz its too expensive. Anyway, I have what they call unexplained infertility, then I got diagnosed with Celiac so now I am staying off gluten and going back to infertility treatments ( we stopped after the injectibles because it was such a pain). Hopefully this solves our problem too.. You might want to really clear your system off gluten then start with the treatments.. Just my two cents.. ;)