jemma T

Hi... Im From England!... :)

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone... im from England and feel really lucky to have so much awareness for coeliac disease

hi and welcome to the Celiac Forum.

Hi and welcome :) I am english too :D

How is coeliac disease faced in England?

I'm italian and I really would like to come there but I'm worried about my 5 years old daughter who has this disease.

Could somebody give me any advice please?

Many thanks!

Hi there! Where are you in England? I cannot say I know the country thoroughly but have been there many times and ADORE it.

How is coeliac disease faced in England?

I'm italian and I really would like to come there but I'm worried about my 5 years old daughter who has this disease.

Could somebody give me any advice please?

Many thanks!

I don't eat out at all so from that perspective I could not say. I guess it would also depend on where abouts you are planning to go. There are places to eat out gluten free near me though, and also takeaways that do gluten free nights. I am in yorkshire.

The big supermarkets have a pretty good selection of gluten free stuff, and labelling appears to be improving here. I have been glutened by some harmless looking stuff that isn't necessarily harmless though, so these days unless something is specifically labelled gluten free, or naturally gluten free, I don't touch it.