Rose Mint

What Is Your 'go-To' Sick Food? Suggestions Please!

Rate this topic

I am looking for suggestions of what to eat while sick, specifically for adults.

I have been off gluten and yeast for just over a year and I've managed to find replacements and solutions for almost every occasion except one.... SICK FOOD!

I am sick this week (flu) and I'm realising that I am completely LOST!

I haven't really been sick since I've been off gluten (that's a nice change!!) and as a result, I haven't found any replacements for satisfying, quick, and easy to make sick foods! The kind of foods that feel good to eat when your sick...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Note: I can't eat toast (yeast), and I can't eat canned anything - soup included... :(

Also when you're sick as an adult, there is no way you are about to make a complicated or labour intensive meal when you can barely get out of bed and only have one arm available to use because the other is holding a kleenex to your nose! So quick and easy is what I'm looking for!

All I ate this week was corn pasta and potatoes....

Many thanks in advance :)

I am looking for suggestions of what to eat while sick, specifically for adults.

I have been off gluten and yeast for just over a year and I've managed to find replacements and solutions for almost every occasion except one.... SICK FOOD!

I haven't really been sick since I've been off gluten (that's a nice change!!) and as a result, I haven't found any replacements for satisfying, quick, and easy to make sick foods! The kind of foods that feel good to eat when your sick...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Note: I can't eat toast (yeast), and I can't eat canned anything - soup included... :(

Also when you're sick as an adult, there is no way you are about to make a complicated or labour intensive meal when you can barely get out of bed and only have one arm available to use because the other is holding a kleenex to your nose! So quick and easy is what I'm looking for!

How about applesauce with cinnamon, Chex cereal with apple juice if you can't have dairy, ginger ale,

The one thing I'd turn to if I was sick would be chicken and rice soup. I know...homemade takes awhile to prepare. Can you have already prepared gluten-free chicken broth like Progresso or Kitchen Basics? And then throw some rice in it? Or if not, how about plain cooked rice?

I usually make a big batch of homemade chicken and rice soup and have it stashed in my freezer (frozen in single serving size containers).

I usually make chicken and rice soup or egg drop soup. If I don't even feel good enough to make those I eat plain rice, bananas, rice cakes with peanut butter and Pamela's ginger snaps and ginger Ale if my stomach is upset at all.

Chicken and gluten-free dumplings or pasta. Once when I was not feeling well I made focaccia (does not take long) and polished off the entire 9" round of it in one day myself but it was sooooo comforting! I always make and keep popsicles in the fridge to ensure I remain hydrated. I also enjoy roasting a big Yukon Gold potato and filling it with yummy things. And I also like Eggs Benedict - Hollandaise and eggs are very comforting to me. :) Smoothies are also quick and easy and can be very healthful.

One of my first thoughts was a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon relish and provolone cheese but lately dairy has started giving me tummy troubles (or so it appears). :( Am currently off dairy - hopefully it is temporary as cheese was/is one of my favourite comfort foods! And cheese fondue with thick crusty bread? Oh, yum...

I usually make chicken and rice soup or egg drop soup. If I don't even feel good enough to make those I eat plain rice, bananas, rice cakes with peanut butter and Pamela's ginger snaps and ginger Ale if my stomach is upset at all.

Could you post your recipes for chicken and rice soup? I was sick on my stomach 2 weeks ago and longed for campbells chicken noodle. I have made it, but it tasted like something was missing. Thanks :)

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

I love jasmine rice, but I also eat potatos when I'm sick.Love the ginger snap idea if you can do that. Do you eat dairy? I know some people cannot eat eggs when sick, but scrambled eggs? I hope you feel better quick!

Could you post your recipes for chicken and rice soup? I was sick on my stomach 2 weeks ago and longed for campbells chicken noodle. I have made it, but it tasted like something was missing. Thanks :)

I use this recipe: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/crockpot-turkey-and-wild-rice-soup.html

Only with chicken instead of turkey. I also usually don't have to go through the whole process of cooking a whole chicken and making broth. I make whole chickens at least twice a month and make broth from the bones, then freeze the broth (I don't add any boulion like her recipe says to--my broth is good enough tasting without it). So I always have homemade broth on hand in my freezer. This recipe works just as well however if you use canned broth and throw in some cut up chicken breasts.