Greg Rappaport

Technical Questions....

Rate this topic

1. What does the "mark board as read" button do?

2. What does the number of circles underneath my picture/avitar signify?

3. My status keeps changing... Member, Advanced Member, Community Member... is there a key somewhere that will explain the differences to me?

4. What is a topic poll?

Thanks!

1. Try it. It will make all the posts become old posts (no new).

2. How long you''ve been around. I don't know the classification system myself.

3. See answer to #2 Once you've been here long enough you become Advanced Community Member.

4. Something you want to poll the forum about - ask JoshB.

:) :) :)

There is a view new content link at the top right of the pages. You can click that and see all the new posts since your last visit. In theory if you mark a forum as read those posts won't show up in the view new posts listing. I haven't actually tried that though.

A poll is just that. You can add a poll to your thread when starting it if you click the poll option. But then you have to think of some really nifty poll questions and answers to get people to click them answers.

What do the different colored conversation bubbles to the left of the topic indicate?

What do the different colored conversation bubbles to the left of the topic indicate?

The color indicates level of interest in the topic based on the number of replies. Dimmed bubbles mean that you have read all the replies. A pencil icon indicates that you have posted to the topic at least once.

I am new. I don't see how to post questions. How do I post? THanks

I am new. I don't see how to post questions. How do I post? THanks

Click the category your question belongs in. Let's say you want to see if anyone has a doctor they like in Miami. You choose the " doctors" section by clicking the Doctors title. At the top right of all the already posted questions, there is a blue box for start a new topic. Click it.

This is how it looks on my computer, might look slightly different on yours.

As a newbie, having to wait for my post to be read and OK'd is very much a turn off, and is making me feel quite unwelcome. Why does this board practice this?

Because you might not believe the number of new accounts that post spam and just plain nasty stuff in the first 3 or 4 posts. Or put posts about wanting a recipe on a thread about endoscopies. It gives us a chance to weed out the bad people and help the confused.

We try to keep everyone from having to read about ads for male enhancement products, handbag bargains, & 12 year old males wanting women to post topless photos. :D

But you should be posting away quite happily anytime now :D Probation never lasts forevver.;)